After last weekend’s Women’s March, the upcoming weekend is shaping up to be comparatively low-key, with a heavy dose of DIY potential while we huddle in and get excited about Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day!). Whether you’re craving something sweet or you’re trying to stay excited about your winter clothes, these 10 DIY projects will get your game face on for February and all the heart-shaped glory it brings.
1. DIY Graphic Sweatshirts: Jazz up a plain old sweatshirt with a customizable conversation heart graphic. All you need is iron-on fabric tape, felt and a lot of love in your heart for V-day puns. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. DIY Love Note Cakes: Seal these tasty cakes with a kiss before you box them up and give them to your BFF or S.O. Stock up on vanilla boxed sheet cake mix and Hershey’s kisses, because you know you’re going to want to make one of these treats for yourself too. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Galentine’s Gem-Inspired Brunch: Celebrate the ladies in your life by throwing a Galentine’s Day brunch this year. Pin a few sparkling pancakes and fizzy raspberry gin sparklers recipes, then get a head start on making a batch of free printables for gem-shaped name cards. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Color Blocked Wire Basket: Wire baskets? Awesome. Being able to see everything that’s IN the basket? Not so much. Fortunately, there’s a quick fix that’ll give your storables a bit more privacy, and all you need is a roll or two of yarn. (via Oh Joy!)
5. DIY Patch Emojis: Whether your favorite icon is the monkey, the facepalm girl or the classic smiley face, these DIY patches are easy to make and will instantly take your hat game from meh to OMG. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Printable Photo Wall Calendar: Get ready for a serious hit of nostalgia: Scroll through your fave memories from 2016 to find 12 adorable images to put on this free printable wall calendar. Pin it up in your workspace, tape it to the fridge or hang it on the wall with an art clamp and hanger. (via Sugar & Cloth)
7. DIY Pocket Dress: Ever wished that really cute dress you owned had pockets? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because this DIY will show you how to add pockets to ANY dress. Oh yes, your wardrobe is getting a serious upgrade this weekend. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Beaded Beanie: Buh-bye, boring winter headwear! Step up your beanie game with the addition of pearl beads to add an extra special bit of shimmer and texture to your next OOTD. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. DIY Envelope Liners: If you’re handing out Valentines or Galentines this year, you definitely *need* a sassy envelope liner to pair with your fave V-day cards. The best part is that you can customize with a funny song lyric, cute illustrations or a silly inside joke that only you and your S.O. or BFF will understand. (via Paper & Stitch)
10. Circus Animal Cookie Marshmallows: First, go buy some Hello Kitty Pink Hot Chocolate ($13). Then come back and make these crazy cute mini marshmallows shaped exactly like animal cookies, sprinkles and all. (via Studio DIY)
Which project are you dying to try this weekend? Show us what you’re makin’ by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.