Achieve It-Girl Hair in No Time Flat With These On-Trend Hair Accessories
Believe it or not, the new must-have accessory for fall is actually not a designer bag du jour or even a piece of pricey jewelry. It’s an affordable and easy-to-style piece that can make a big difference to any look. Hair accessories can add polish or even a little edge to your favorite style essentials for fall. Having flashbacks of the glittered butterfly clips and cubic zirconia hair charms of yesteryear? We love a good throwback ’90s hair product, but for the fashion-forward girl with trendsetting on the agenda, we’ve lined up 11 seriously chic options that won’t make you feel like you’re back in grade school.
1. ASOS Kitsch Diamond Shape Hair Clip ($9): Tell your basic bobby pins sorry, but these geometric hair clips are going to overthrow them for the title of most-used hair accessory on your vanity. Keep these in mind for some serious sweat-free end-of-summer days.
2. Forever 21 Abstract Twisted Headwrap ($4): Since keeping your hair looking hot on a humid day is next to impossible, we’re always at the ready with a printed head wrap. Secure it around the crown of your head for a little bit of lift for limp locks.
3. Ban.do Flash Bobby Set ($10): Some things from your childhood are supposed to stick around, like occasionally getting to eat ice cream for dinner and these bright glittery barrettes. Their long rectangular shape makes a bold statement that keeps the look from feeling too young.
4. Etsy Gift Shop Brooklyn Leather Hair Tie ($14): Okay, excuse us while we try to keep our cool, but who knew a hair tie could give off such major It-girl vibes? Break up with your ratty black elastic hair tie and upgrade to this rose gold beauty ASAP.
5. Nasty Gal Suzywan Deluxe Holo Fame Hair Clip ($15): We totally believe that a little disco fever never hurt anyone, and this sparkling barrette is proof of that. Pair it with a dramatic side part for a little glam that goes a long way.
6. ASOS Johnny Loves Rosie Maya Coral Headband ($30): There’s something about this bright pink headband that feels girly, but not at all childish. Plus, it’s a total lifesaver for covering up slightly greasy second-day roots.
7. Urban Outfitters Oversized Flip Hair Clip ($4): Consider this oversized flip clip an homage to the bedazzled ones you rocked back in the day, only with substantially more cool factor. And heart eyes for rose gold, amirite?
8. Etsy The House of Garland Lavender Hettie Headband ($16): This topper features a chic bow Blair Waldorf would be proud of. Pair it with a cute bun or with your hair down in voluminous curls for a new-school take on the old-school preppy look.
9. Urban Outfitters Metal Hair Cuff Set ($16): These edgy cuffs are the closest thing to jewelry for your hair, and they can be totally rock-and-roll or subtly stunning. For a softer look, try a couple in a loose chignon.
10. Free People Bouquet Bun Cuff ($16): Flower crowns may be totally overdone, but there’s something about this dainty floral bun cuff we can’t get enough of. Bonus points for not needing a Snapchat filter to make you look like a boho goddess.
11. Urban Outfitters Golden Flower Halo Headband ($20) Grecian goddess much?! This gilded floral headband is the perfect finishing touch for a fancy frock.
Looking for a little hairstyle inspo to go with these accessories? Check out our faves on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.