9 Trendy Kids’ Haircuts That You’ll Want Too
When it comes to kids’ fashion, little ones can be pretty particular about their own personal style (princess one moment, Power Ranger the next, right?). It’s safe to say their attitude toward their hair is no different, but as a parent, you might have a little more stake in their permanent chop versus, say, when and where they wear a cape. Since kiddos are super active, an easy-to-manage hairstyle is at the top of your list, but you don’t want to settle for any old chop. That’s where we come in. Before you hit up the salon with your tyke in tow, take a look below at nine versatile kids’ cuts that are so cool you just might want to get one of them yourself.
1. Undercut: This cut is super fun and fly — proof that kids’ haircuts can definitely be edgy. Despite the notable absence of hair with this cut, it can be worn loose or styled in lots of versatile ways. Think: a slick comb-over for Picture Day and a cute faux-hawk for birthday parties. (Photo via Fly Little Guy)
2. Long Bob: This shoulder-length cut is just the right length to be mostly tangle-free, but still easy and cute. Mix in some face-framing layers at the front for extra depth and movement. (via Feel the Yarn)
3. Long Layered Waves: If you and your little one are keen to hold on to those long locks, getting layered waves is a mega princessy solution. Curl those tresses to channel Rapunzel vibes at school, then take it into a high pony come play time. (via @journeykayofficial)
4. Fauxhawk: Don’t want to commit to a full ‘hawk? No sweat. Have your barber or hairdresser cut the sides of the hair short and keep some length at the top. Use a yummy scented hair wax or pomade to style and you’re good to go. (via Lemons & Lace)
5. Natural Curls With Bangs: Two words: texture mixing. Amandla Stenberg completely rocks this style. Keep the hair curly but add some straight full bangs or baby bangs for totally trendy-cool tresses. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
6. Blunt Bangs: These bangs are timeless and totally adorable. Fringe getting scraggly? Trim the ends when necessary or just let them grow out naturally when you and your kiddo want to change it up again. (Photo via Minimoda)
7. Textured Bob: Kiernan Shipka’s super short bob is the epitome of effortless kids’ hair. If your child has an aversion to hair brushes, this style comes with a built-in buffer given the length and embracing of his or her natural texture. In other words, bedhead is welcome. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
8. Quiff: Style short hair or a pixie cut into a funky Janelle Monae-esque greaser quiff with a dollop of hair gel and run a comb through for instant cool factor that’s super easy to manage. Cool kid status, achieved. (via @gavinduh)
9. Bob Cut: This is perhaps the easiest cut for kids that there is: the simple bob. No matter what hair type your kid may have, a bob cut is nearly foolproof. Other than looking great, it also cuts wash-, dry- and getting-out-the-door time in half. (via Burberry)
Which of these kid cuts would you rock? Follow us on Pinterest for more cool + easy hair inspirtaion.