Lux, vegan, K-beauty — when it comes to your skin, you’ve probably tried everything out there, amiright? We’re all in search of that glowing #complexionperfection, but knowing which products to use can get so, so overwhelming. (And not to mention pricey!) Luckily, there are some new players in the skincare game and a few go-to companies that are pushing the envelope and mixing things up for the better. Here are five brands disrupting the beauty world one product at a time.
1. Hush + Dotti: This ahmazing brand was created by a former makeup artist. The story goes that as her clients started to become savvier about the ingredients in the products used, she was unable to find brands that met their ethical tastes. So she started her own vegan and organic line, because #girlboss. Everything Hush + Dotti makes is paraben-free, gluten-free, and nontoxic FTW. B + C Pick: Hydrating Serum Dream Drops ($52)
2. Youth to the People: Nope, those aren’t ingredients for your smoothie on the side of that bottle. It’s a cleanser that uses superfood ingredients because (no big surprise) they’re beyond great for your skin! The brand was developed specifically for the health conscious among us who might be into Crossfit or yoga, and actually care what they’re putting on our skin. Moisturizers and cleansers made from kale, green tea, and spinach? We’re feeling cleaner already. B + C Pick: Age Prevention Superfood Cleanser ($36)
3. FrenchGirlOrganics: Luckily, you no longer have to travel to Paris to stock up on #Frenchgirl beauty. Just head to Etsy, where this shop is making French-inspired elixirs with flowers and herbs. Its founder grew up on a farm and wants everyone to experience la belle vie. Ooh. la. la. B + C Pick: Floral Toner Neroli du Maroc ($18)
4. Pai: Pai was actually designed by people with sensitive skin for people with sensitive skin. The team understands that a lot of products out there claim to be safe, but still make you break out. Their line is made with complexion savers like chamomile and jojoba oil, so they’ll calm your skin without the uncomfortable redness. #practicewhatyoupreach! B + C Pick: Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream ($60)
5. Lark: You won’t shed any tears (or break out into hives) when you read the label of this face wash formula. Lark’s refreshingly minimalist philosophy is putting the industry on notice. Instead of sulfates and parabens, you’ll find radish root, peppermint, and other nature-driven ingredients. We’re so in. B + C Pick: Aloe + Lime Purifying Toner ($18)
What are your favorite under-the-radar beauty brands? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.