5 Makeup Brands That Will Become Cult Faves in 2017
From daring hair colors to the exact products you need for gorgeous hair, 2017 is the perfect time to shake things up in your beauty routine. What better way than venturing outside of your comfort zone and trying out brands that are just on the cusp of becoming a household name. Here we’ve gathered our fave items from companies that we predict will be your go-to this year. With a lineup like this, embracing change has never been so easy.
We have so much love for this brand’s philosophy. They want you to be able to try out the latest makeup trends without ponying up major $$$. Think $6 lippies, $5 shadows and value sets under $20. It’s the best (and cheapest!) way to break out of a rut.
1. ColourPop Weekend Warrior Pressed Powder Shadow Palette ($18): Keep an eye out! Starting on January 13 you can score ColourPop’s newest pressed powder collection inspired by the success of this makeup bag MVP. The pressed powder collection includes 20 shades that serve up concentrated pigment realness. Shadows apply evenly for a velvety smooth finish that will have you coming back for more.
2. ColourPop Pearlized Highlighter in Churro ($8): With a name so sweet, how could you not fall in love with this highlighter? Each compact features a one-of-a-kind blend of warming gold and luminizing cream shades. Dust it lightly on cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose for a natural glow.
3. ColourPop Eyeshadow Set in Zingara ($18): Known for a pigment with serious payoff, these ColourPop shadows blend like a dream. Not to mention, warm burgundy and terra-cotta shades are the perfect way to tell that arctic chill you’re D-O-N-E with this cold weather.
At DOSE OF COLORS, color is the inspiration and pigment is everything. This young brand racks up serious hearts on Instagram on the reg and has become a favorite brand of YouTube beauty gurus such as Melissa Alatorre and Dulce Candy. They’re not afraid to play with color, from bubblegum pink glosses to mermaid-worthy green shadows.
4. Dose of Colors Lip Gloss in Bellini ($15): A truly opaque lip gloss is not an easy thing to come by, which is exactly why we’re so glad we stumbled upon this little gem. It’s a silky formula with impressive color payoff to give an all-over even look. This apricot shade brightens any winter look.
DOSE OF COLORS
5. Dose of Colors Supreme Glow Highlighter in Gold Is the New Black ($28): If you’re looking for a highlighter that gives more of a J.Lo-inspired glow, swap your pearly white for a gold one instead. While this not-too-warm and not-too-cool shade shines bright on every skin tone, it especially *SLAYS* on women of color. Sweep it in a ‘c’ shape from brow arches to cheekbones.
6. Dose of Colors Eyedeal Duo in Maple ($25): We love everything about this duo, from the doesn’t-mess-around color payoff to the gorgeous shade of brick red. Wear the matte on its own for a low-key look or pack on the shimmer for a high-impact effect that will turn heads (in a good way, of course).
so g that it makes carrying around a retractable lip brush totally worth it.
8. Inglot AMC Face and Body Illuminator ($16): Calling all glow getters! This face and body illuminator is destined to become your new must-have. Dab it on cheekbones and the inner corners of your eyes or even your décolletage.
9. Inglot O2M Breathable Nail Enamel ($16): This polish is formulated with a special polymer that lets water and oxygen pass through each coat of color. That means less damage to fragile or sensitive nails. Not to mention the shade range is killin’ it. Vibrant reds, rich blacks and delicate nudes — you name it; Inglot’s got it.
This cheeky brand isn’t just a source for foiled eyeshadows and matte lippies — it’s a mecca for makeup tutorial videos too. There’s even an idea gallery on their website to help inspire your next showstopping look.
10. Makeup Geek 9-Eyeshadow Starter Kit ($49): This starter pack is comprised of shades hand-chosen by the brand’s CEO. It’s a quintessential mix of shimmers and mattes, cools and warms, all with that signature Makeup Geek silky-smooth formula. Insider tip: Almost every shadow arrives in a pan, so you’ll need to purchase an empty palette to house them.
11. Makeup Geek Compact Blush in Puppy Love ($15): Our biggest blush complaint is that so many of them fade throughout the day. Thanks to serious pigmentation, this no-budge blush has lasting power from morning to night. Bonus points: The shade range is very impressive — dusty, barely there pinks (like the one above), bright fuchsias and even cool caramels.
12. Makeup Geek Plush Lip Matte in Tomboy ($12): Matte lip color is *EVERYTHING* right now, and we’re nothing short of obsessed. This option hugs your lips, instead of suffocating them. The formula feels like a cross between a cream and mousse, AKA HEAVEN. Oh, and this muted gray-ish berry hue is winter perfection, as far we’re concerned.
Take a page from the script of on-set MUAs — this brand is the real freakin’ deal. We’re talking on-screen quality product for even the most HD of HD cameras. Creator Vincent J-R Kehoe introduced his cult-favorite foundation back in 1962 to cater to pros working in film, TV and stage. Now the brand is known for its impressive pigmented foundations that stay put no matter what.
13. RCMA Over-Powder in Warm Gold ($18): These setting powders are the industry standard. They are so finely milled that they feel weightless over makeup. Use a medium-sized fluffy blush to dust it all over and keep any makeup look from caking. We love this gold tone because it catches light and adds a beautiful soft focus effect.
14. RCMA 5-Part Series Palette in KO ($30): Seasoned MUAs know that RCMA’s approach to foundations and base makeup is straight-up life-changing. The camera-ready line was created with so many factors in mind, including temperatures of different lighting, varying film grades and skin undertones. Not to mention, they’re 55 percent pigment so a little goes a long way, like a REALLY long way.
15. RCMA Makeup Color Process Foundation Thinner ($12): If you’re having a particularly amazing skin day or if you’re just going for a lighter look, add a drop of two of this thinner to get a tinted moisturizer level of coverage out of your go-to foundation. Bonus tip: You can rescue a drying foundation with a just couple drops of this miracle worker.