We saw our share of crazy hair color trends in 2016 — from stenciling and hidden rainbows to phoenix hair and sky blue balayage, 2016 was a little all over the place. Looking ahead, 2017 certainly won’t disappoint. We’re predicting some of this year’s fave hues that will remain in the limelight (think: chocolate-mauve and tiger eye) and be joined by some cool newcomers. Keep scrolling to see the colors that will take center stage in 2017.
1. Galaxy: We’ve seen the future and it is bright. Blue, purple and teal FTW! Show off your bold shades with an intricate braided hairstyle.
2. Rose Gold: We’re a sucker for anything rose gold, and that includes hair color. Couple with bouncy curls for a romantic look.
3. Burgundy: Raven-haired beauties rejoice! Burgundy balayage is an understated way to play with color and enhance your natural hue.
4. Cotton Candy: Out-of-the-ordinary shades are all the rage. This sweet dye job reminds us of the carnival treat we always crave.
5. Chocolate-Mauve: Calling all brunettes! Chocolate-mauve locks have been on our radar for a few months now, and we expect them to rule in 2017. For a more office-friendly take on this trend, try incorporating subtle pink highlights throughout.
6. Greenery: Succulent hair slayed in 2016. Next year, it’s all about greenery (the official Pantone color of 2017). With a color this bright, a shorter cut works best — longer locks could risk looking too Halloweeny.
7. Caramel: Delicious caramel highlights add warmth and dimension to chocolate locks. Soft barrel curls give this a polished look that works from the office to after-work cocktails.
8. Magenta: Take inspo from Ruby Rose with a hot pink hue. This eye-catching color is not for the faint of heart. That said, magenta is universally flattering, so bold babes everywhere, this one’s for you.
9. Tiger Eye: We predicted back in November that tiger eye tresses would be the it hair trend for 2017. Turns out, we were right! Whether you sport a cropped cut or long mermaid locks, this color is everything.
10. Platinum: Rihanna’s rumored return to platinum isn’t the first celeb to go boldly blonde. Zoe Kravitz has been spotted rocking platinum braids too. Guess it’s true what they say — blondes do have more fun.
Looking for more hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!