2016 Valentine’s Day Gift Trends You Should Have on Your Radar
If you haven’t already heard, the season of L-O-V-E is upon us. To keep you *extra* prepared for that heart-shaped holiday, we’ve been eyeing (and Pinning) the latest in Valentine’s gift trends. So whether you’re gifting for your first (eek!) Valentine’s Day or are the couple that’s been together forever, we’ve got you covered. Scroll down to check out some gift ideas for love-filled DIYs, customizable gift ideas and anything that screams LOVE — they’ll surely set your Valentine or Galentine’s heart aflutter.
1. Digital Love-Inspired Gifts: This year, it’s all about cutesy gifts for the modern-day romance. Try a spot-on I Would Deactivate My Tinder for You card ($7), a Custom Emoji Print ($75) or WiFi Love Socks ($6). Any way you go will be all kinds of techy cute.
2. Hot Gifts for Him: Set your love life on fire with gifts that are *almost* too hot to handle. Your spice-loving valentine would dig a giant Tub of Personalized Tabasco ($53) or a Sriracha to-Go Keychain ($8).
3. 3D Printed Gifts: Your always-on-the-cutting-edge S.O. will appreciate your twist on the classics with a 3D Printed Rose ($15) or a 3D Printed Love Sculpture ($36). If you’re ready to splurge, really woo your boo with a 3D Printer ($2,199) of their very own.
4. Lovey Dovey Desk Accessories: There’s no reason you can’t enjoy some subtle, HR-approved Valentine’s Day vibes in the office. An Enamoured Pencil Set ($8), You Are So Awesome Journal ($13) or Arrow Bookend ($79) would be the perfect way to make sure your beau knows how much you care all day long.
5. DIY Conversation Heart Gifts: There is nothing more classically V-Day than conversation hearts. As makers, we love adding our modern DIY takes on traditional holiday ideas, like DIY conversation heart pillows, conversation heart cake and conversation heart donuts.
6. Punny Valentine’s Day Cards: Ain’t no better time to crush it with punny jokes than V-Day. Gift your nearest and dearest a card that’ll make ‘em chuckle. Have a Pizza My Heart Card ($7), Olive Juice ($20) or You Bacon Me Crazy ($20) are all super cute + super silly options.
7. Transparent Phone Cases: If your days are spent sending heart-eye emojis, loving snapchats and Spotify playlists to your main squeeze, make sure they never forget to snap you back with the latest trend in tech accessories: transparent cases. Try a romance-inspired Lips Case ($40), a Mini Hearts Case ($40) or this Galentine-approved Rosé All Day Case ($35).
8. Valentine’s Day Printables: Short on time or just don’t feel like leaving the comfort of your pad? Opt for a love-filled V-Day printable gift like Matchbox Printables and Hand-Lettered Valentines, or go all out and Make a Love-Story mini book.
9. Love Jewelry: Share your love for your bae or bestie with everyone around by giving her a dainty Love Necklace ($15), Love Anklet ($132) or Love You Necklace ($650). It’ll make her feel the love even when you can’t be there to show it.
10. Pups + Love: Get ready for some serious #cutenessoverload. And no, we’re not talking about your Valentine. Any pup-loving person will heart these Pug Heart Socks ($7) or Pug Love Pillow ($36). Plus, there’s nothing that makes ya wanna curl up and cuddle more than pooches and your sweetie.
11. Neon Wall Decor: Step aside, vintage marquee lights, the neon wall decor trend is here to light up your love life. Splurge on a LOVE ME wall light ($600), Abstract Heart ($450) or Oliver Gal Love Piece ($238) to set the mood long after February 14th.
12. Romance-Inspired Flats: For the shoe addict, those red-bottom stilettos aren’t the only Valentine-appropriate shoe gift to consider. Stay comfy and festive with these Heart Ballet Flats ($35), Glittery Lip Smoking slippers ($295) or Heart Sneakers ($130). They’ll be able to wear their heart on their feet with ease.
14. Hidden Meaning Jewelry: Couples who prefer to keep things a teensy bit private will love the latest hidden meaning jewelry trend. Discreetly honor the place you first met with a Coordinates Bracelet ($212) or subtly put your initials together forever with a Hidden Message Necklace ($330).
15. DIY Kits + Classes: Being able to spend some QT with your cutie is one of the best parts of V-Day. Give a gift that you can enjoy together, like an online Photography Class ($39) or a Craft Your Own Bitters Kit ($65).
16. Hearts + Fringe: Whether it’s a Heart Fringe Crossbody ($195) or a Heart Fringe Piñata ($98), the combo of these two trends is perfect for a statement-loving romantic. They’ll take the love party with them wherever they go, thanks to you.
17. Romantic Ways to Stay Healthy Together: Show them that their health = your happiness. Give your favorite health nut a First Kiss Water Bottle ($35) or a gift certificate to Plated, or make them a motivating yet still-romantic Spotify playlist.
Check out more Valentine’s Day inspiration on our Brit + Co Pinterest page.