In case you didn’t know, there’s been a recent recall on Velveeta. Yikes :( This got us rethinking our childhood love of the gooey cheese product altogether. Should you have to toss out your golden cube, don’t fret! We’ve found some of your favorite Velveeta recipes made with good ol’ Monterey Jack, cheddar and American cheese instead. After all, what did cheddar ever do to you?
1. Chili Cheese Nachos: This cheese sauce is super simple, and atop a pile of loaded nachos, it’s absolutely perfect. (via Love Grows Wild)
2. 25 Minute Skillet Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese: Nothing against Hamburger Helper, but this recipe looks much better without the need for “cheese sauce.” (via The Weary Chef)
3. Chili-Cheese Baked Potatoes: You just can’t beat a hearty potato. Especially with cheese and chili. (via My Recipes)
4. Restaurant-Style Queso: The oh-so easy queso combo of Velveeta and Ro*Tel is a classic for a reason. It’s delicious. But this recipe is so simple, we’re ready to up our queso game sans ‘veeta. (via Just Putzing)
5. Creamy No-Roux Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese: A childhood favorite gets an upgrade that’s out of the blue box. (via The Kitchn)
5. Broccoli Cheese Soup: This delicious comfort food is probably our favorite cheesy soup. (via The Pioneer Woman)
6. Broccoli Cheese Casserole: If you like the soup, you’ll love the casserole! Cheesy, crunchy and broccoli-y. (via Add A Pinch)
7. Goat Cheese Soufflé With Fresh Herbs: Believe it or not this cheese masterpiece is made up of simple ingredients. It’s not as hard as it looks. (via Williams Sonoma)
8. Chili Cheese Dogs: Make your next family outing a simple trip to the backyard with these classic ballpark dogs made right at home. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
9. Frito Pie: These are sort of a Texas thing, but it’s about time Frito Pies get national recognition. It’s just layers of cheese, chili and, of course, Fritos. And it tastes magical. (via Bev Cooks)
10. Cheesy Potato Casserole: Your mashed potatoes just got upgraded with cheesy baked goodness. (via Chef in Training)
11. The 30 Minute Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake: This is classy take on a Velveeta alternative is sure to please any and all dinner guests. (via Parade)
Were you affected by the recall? How are you revamping your classic Velveeta recipes? Let us know in the comments below!