Wedding invitations set the vibe of your special day before your wedding pinboard can even dream of becoming a reality. Is it going to be a casual affair? Black tie traditional? Laid back bohemian? Your invites will tell the tale. While there are more choices than ever before when it comes to invitation design, watercolor has proven to be one of the most versatile and beautiful trends to emerge. Take a look at these 16 very different styles and see for yourself!
1. Rich Hues: Watercolor doesn’t always mean pastel tones. This modern invite is full of rich berry hues. (via Taylor Lord Photography / Mod Wedding)
2. Gold + Mint: This gold and mint design proves watercolor is just as relevant for the non-traditional bride. Plus, those geometric details? So cool. (via Paige Jones / Style Me Pretty)
3. Jewel Tones: Jewel tones add an unexpected pop in these eclectic desert wedding invites. The more color, the better! (via Sophie Epton Photography / Style Me Pretty)
4. Romantic Watercolors: Watercolor is already romantic, but the calligraphy accentuates the beauty of this traditional invitation. Fun fact: The design was subtly inspired by ballet. (via Caroline Frost Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. Dark Hues: Don’t be afraid of traditionally masculine colors! Watercolor is a great way to soften up any hue, especially when you add beautiful calligraphy. (via Emily Wren Photography / Style Me Pretty)
6. Florals: Handpainted florals add a fresh touch to these boho invites. Carry the theme throughout your wedding with some floral bridesmaid dresses. (via Carmen Santorelli / Lace and Likes)
7. Gartner Studios Watercolor Loveliness Invitations (Price Varies): Opt for pink and gold for a look that’s simple, sweet and timeless. (via Gartner Studios)
8. Lavender: Let your venue set the tone. This invitation is inspired by a lavender field. Feel free to add some dried lavender packs for a fun little surprise. (via Paula Luna / Style Me Pretty)
9. Gray: Not into frills? Gray adds a super cool touch to feminine pink detail. (via Style Art Life / Style Me Pretty)
10. Nautical: These nautical-inspired invitations practically smell like the sea. We are loving the beach scene and map in this suite. (via Swiss Cottage Designs)
11. Succulents: Love a good cactus? These succulent-inspired details are just for you. (via Tec Petaja / Style Me Pretty)
12. Blush Tones: You can never go wrong with a good blush tone. Pair with an oval shape and you are well on your way to the prettiest wedding invitation suite ever. (via Ben Q. Photography / Style Me Pretty)
13. Soft Citrus: Citrus-inspired tones create a summer-y inspiration for this invitation. (via Anna Delores Photography / Style Me Pretty)
14. Glitter: Glamorous watercolor? Yup, it does exist. Glitter adds a fab touch to these pink ombre invites. (via Liz Banfield / Style Me Pretty)
15. Gartner Studios Peaceful Serenity Invitation (Price Varies): One of the best qualities of watercolor is its ability to create natural color gradients. The stripes of color on this invitation make for a cool, preppy vibe.
16. Red + Blue: Rich red and blue tones create an incredible color palette for this invitation suite. Talk about romantic! (via Brody T Photography / Style Me Pretty)
What wedding invites do you have your eye on? Follow us on Pinterest for more style and wedding inspo!