The Perfect Wedding Dress for Your Zodiac Sign
The moment you’ve been waiting for your entire life has finally come — it’s time to choose the wedding dress of your dreams. You’re getting married! Cue the squeals. As any bride-to-be can attest, nothing can prepare you for the madness known as wedding dress shopping. Whether you’re going for a non-traditional colorful wedding dress or a modern mermaid wedding dress, narrowing in on a gown that fits your style, personality and that feels like “the one” is no easy feat. If only you could leave it up to your weekly horoscope to do all the wedding planning for you. But actually. According to the astrology gods, your zodiac sign and personality traits can reveal a LOT about your ideal wedding dress. Scroll down to see what the stars have in store for you on your wedding day. Pssst: You don’t have to be walking down the aisle to take a peek at these gorgeous gowns.
1. Lovely Midnight Dress ($164): In true Aries fashion, you appreciate the simpler things in life and value comfort over any far-out Gaga-inspired creations. On your wedding day, take a less-is-more approach by skipping all the bells and whistles for this streamlined white dress featuring a high-low hem, structured silhouette and pockets (!). Pair it with an arrangement of pretty blooms and nude ghillies for a timeless look that you’ll love for years to come.
2. BHLDN Ariane Gown ($1,400): Traditional, level-headed Taurus is all about seeking lifelong commitments. For as long as you can remember, you’ve always wanted a fairytale wedding complete with a dreamy tulle skirt (and tiara!) to match — and you’re not budging now. Enter the ultra-romantic floral applique-embellished gown that will make you look (and feel) like a Disney princess on your special day.
3. Roksanda Draped Cutout Jersey and Crepe Jumpsuit ($2,320): You’re an imaginative Gemini known for your cutting-edge style and ability to think outside the box. As you prepare to wed in a non-traditional wedding ceremony, it only seems fitting to ditch the gown for a tailored jumpsuit that’s equal parts architectural and minimalist.
4. Nasty Gal Voltage Multi Wear Maxi Dress ($98): Shy and modest, Cancer is not. As someone who’s always the life of the party, you’re not afraid to take it there when it comes to plunging necklines and skin-baring cutouts. Keep it classy while showing off some serious leg with this Beyoncé-esque sheer white dress that can be styled a million and one ways.
5. Self-Portrait Teardrop Lace Peplum Dress ($478): Teamed with an eye for detail and an open mind, the Leo in you has an appreciation for high-quality craftsmanship and innovation. Channel pure elegance on your wedding day with this sophisticated LWD featuring a high neckline, a subtle peplum and intricate lace. Pair it with a next-level cape and lace-up flats for the ultimate entrance.
6. J.Crew Percy Gown ($650): Practical and streamlined is the name of your zodiac sign’s sartorial game. In lieu of fleeting fashion trends and risqué slits, you seek solace in the classics. For your black-tie wedding, this sensible ivory gown with an open back and floor-grazing train is guaranteed to stun. The pared-down style gives you free reign to dress it up with chandelier earrings or an elegant chignon.
7. Rosie Assoulin Matisse Cutout Stretch-Crepe Gown ($3,995): You’re a true visionary with a passion for the arts and humanities. In all that you do, you seek balance and harmony — almost to the point of perfection. Be prepared to wow in this structured Met Gala-worthy gown featuring contemporary Matisse-inspired cutouts. Anna Wintour would totes approve.
8. Stone Cold Fox Bridal Market Gown ($815): You’re a passionate and determined Scorpio with a larger-than-life personality to match. Dare to stand out with this DDG gown that doesn’t mess around. Everything from the strapless sweetheart neckline to the swoon-inducing lace (and scallops!) will make you feel extra special on your big day.
9. Rachel Zoe Annie Dress ($995): Sagittarius brides are always down for an adventure. Whether you tie the knot in a beachside wedding or your very own enchanted backyard ceremony, nothing fits the bill better than a boho frock worthy of festival season. This lace-up pleated gown with exaggerated sleeves calls for a flower crown and loose waves.
10. Houghton Contessa Silk Coat Dress ($7,500): Don’t let them fool ya! Even conservative and disciplined Capricorns are known to break the rules every now and then. Look no further than this woodland-themed beauty that’s both traditional and ethereal at the same time. For your “something old,” don’t hesitate to pair this beautiful custom-made silk floral print gown with a vintage locket or brooch.
11. Reformation Harper Two Piece ($428): The Aquarius in you embraces originality and cares about the environment. Make a vow to look good without harming the planet with this fierce two-piece set by Reformation that’s eco-friendly and easy on the wallet. Style the breezy crop top and lace wrap skirt with sustainable Moroccan-inspired sandals for a #winning wedding day getup.
12. Free People Lillian Gown ($4,000): When it comes to your wedding day, small and intimate is your jam. You’re a compassionate and artistic soul who wants nothing more than an unforgettable wedding under the stars — and maybe some wildflowers in your hair. Get ready to swoon hard for this embroidered bell-sleeve dress that can be admired up close and from afar.
Want more star-aligned wedding inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for all things wedding!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)