50 Colorful Wedding Dresses Non-Traditional Brides Will Love
February is National Wedding Month, and that means we’ve got your back with beaucoup and non-traditional wedding inspiration, starting with the wedding dress of your dreams. Finding the perfect wedding dress to match your personality is always a challenge, especially if you count yourself amongst the non-traditional crowd (see ya later, white and frilly sweetheart dresses). But that’s where color comes in. Whether you want to add a pop of color to your wedding day getup or are ready to embrace a pretty pink, Carrie Bradshaw-inspired frock, there’s no shortage of colorful wedding dresses to swoon over. Scroll down to see 50 of our favorite non-white wedding dresses that will work for any season.
1. Monique Lhuillier Satin Ball Skirt ($3,295): There are brides who dream of wearing white on their special day, and then there are those who want nothing more than a Barbie-themed wedding. Embrace the latter with this hot pink ruffled skirt that can be teamed with a strapless top and metallic heels.
2. Reformation Arabeth Dress ($298): Do less on your wedding day. Between the deep green hue and effortless silhouette, this V-neck dress is no-nonsense in the best possible way. Finish off your look with a milkmaid braid for an outdoor ceremony.
3. Theia Emma Embroidered Petal Gown ($1,295): Imagine floating across the ballroom floor in this swoon-inducing gown covered with precious pink and white petals. Since the dress itself is already flawless, a sleek updo and a dazzling ear cuff will do.
4. Wai Ching Flame Zolotova Dress ($2,040): Bye bye, conservative white gown, and hello dress with major flair. The cascading, tropical red and orange ruffles will straight-up stun on your big day — whether you’re Hawaii bound or getting hitched in the snow-topped mountains.
5. Paper Crown Tori Dress ($298): When seafoam green is in the picture, boring old ivory doesn’t stand a chance. Everything from the flowy chiffon fabric to the sophisticated Grecian silhouette has got us swooning hard.
6. Free People Fallon Dress ($230): It’s your wedding day — you have free rein to break out a magenta gown if you want to. This gorgeous satin gown will not only rack up the compliments at your reception, but the braided T-strap back is quite simply to die for.
7. Kate Spade Loula Dress ($1,098): Forget the ring bling: Put a bow on it à la this wildly unexpected, carnation pink dress that’s serious wedding #goals. Swap out your go-to party heels for a spiffy pair of loafers (tuxedo style, please!) and some white elbow-length gloves.
8. Paper Crown Hannah Dress ($298): Still yearning for a Frozen-inspired wedding? Get in touch with your inner Disney princess with this cool arctic blue gown that could double for a winter wedding or springtime ceremony. While the strapless bustier silhouette reads traditional, the icy hue is totally unexpected.
9. BHLDN Ginger Convertible Maxi Dress ($310): Channel your inner Marilyn Monroe with this timeless rosewater dress that can be styled no fewer than — wait for it — 15 different ways. Try out a Grecian twist back, make a flirty halterneck bow or opt for a more full-coverage look.
10. Alice & Olivia Clarabelle Sleeveless Flare Gown ($698): For an anti-white wedding gown that still nods to tradition, give this satin black stunner a spin. Because of the high-low hem, step it up with statement shoes and streamlining your accessories for the day. Think: simple diamond studs or a rhinestone headband at max.
11. Theia Shimmer Gazar Cap Sleeve ($995): Blending in is overrated when you can have a gown this stunning on standby. The stripes give off nautical vibes but the black bodice (with cutouts!) keep it it after-hours approved.
12. Serenity by Donna Morgan Alana Dress ($260): Why opt for one high-impact color when you can embrace a medley of pretty pastel hues? The dusty blooms featured in this high-neck style are ideal for a late spring wedding set in the idyllic countryside.
13. Made in the Gorge USA Hacienda Maxi Dress ($162): A late spring-early summer wedding calls for a peachy keen dress that’s fit for the most bohemian of brides. Rest assured that the punchy pastel hue won’t go unnoticed, especially when paired with a flower crown and some metallic Birks.
14. Tadashi Shoji Otaru Gown ($568): If you’re on the line between choosing a traditional wedding dress and one that’s worthy of a trip to Versailles, go for the latter. Channel absolute elegance in this ivory beauty that’s practically dripping in gold embroidery. Crystal chandelier earrings are obligatory.
15. Theia Draped V-Neck Ballgown ($1,095): Ditch the white wedding dress for a jewel-toned ball gown worthy of Kate Middleton. This sapphire option is not only WAY more exciting, but it’s a guaranteed entrance-maker.
16. Body Frock Wedding Embroidered Rose Dress ($385): Besides the shortened hemline, we’re digging the allover rose embroidery on this wedding day frock. The pink and red blooms lend a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to an otherwise everyday organza dress.
17. Shop Lovely Clara Dress ($124): For the blushing bride, we would expect nothing less than this fairytale-esque peach gown that’s chock full of color. Pair it with non-traditional sparkly steppers and a delicate tiara.
18. Tadashi Shoji Goldeneye Gown ($688): We can’t stop staring. Here’s yet another jewel tone dress that you’ll want to add to your short list. While the floor-length tulle and ornate lace are to be admired, it’s the emerald green that really knocks this gown out of the park.
19. Cold Stone Fox Penelope Gown ($550): This deep rose dress, adorned with crochet lace, is a perfect match for boho brides looking to break away from traditional white. The deep slit and open back make it the quintessential gown for a beachside wedding with a breeze.
20. Basix Black Label Floral Applique Gown ($1,190): If you were on the fence between investing in a cream-colored gown and a blush pink one, say no more. This ethereal gown, complete with floral appliqués and dreamy tulle, practically speaks for itself. *Adds to cart.*
21. Monique Lhuillier Structured Tea-Length Dress ($2,595): Repeat after us: Chartreuse is the *new* bridal color to embrace in 2016 (and it need not be restricted to your bridesmaids!) This structured tea-length dress packs more panache than a white dress ever could.
22. Hitherto for BHLDN Fleur Dress ($250): Already have a Valentine’s Day wedding for 2017 in the books? If so, direct your attention to this blush maxi dress that’s both romantic and sophisticated at the same time.
23. Tadashi Shoji Ishi Gown ($508): While this splendid white gown errs on the traditional side, the blue floral embroidery is what really sets it apart from every other white dress on the market. The long sleeves and floor-grazing length make it a shoo-in for winter weddings and modern-day brides alike.
24. Fame and Partners Deco Lily Maxi Dress With Strap Back ($257): YAS. A “something blue” gown does exist! Proof that sky blue is as gorgeous a wedding dress hue as any, this watercolor maxi can do no wrong. Throw some gladiator sandals into the mix for a Memorial Day weekend wedding in the Hamptons.
25. Wai Ching Aura Dress ($985): Your almost all-white gown received a major makeover — and with purple ombré, no less. This dip-dyed dress will not only make for one dramatic entrance down the aisle, but your wedding photos will be cherished for years to come.
26. Tadashi Shoji Sleeveless Illusion Lace Pintuck Gown ($428): This red lace gown reminds us of our favorite salsa dancer emoji (you know the one). It’ll take you from the altar to your reception just like that.
27. Rosemarie Sheath by Geisha Designs ($620): Go demure with this vintage-esque sheath dress — featuring colorful embroidered details — that’s a nice break from your traditional floor-length gown. Keep your look subdued but super gorgeous with a lace veil and some nude pumps that will elongate your legs.
28. ASOS Wedding Lace Applique Maxi Dress ($163): From the soft pleats to the beautiful lace detailing, this flowy lilac maxi is as feminine as it gets without being overly frilly. Keep your bridal look refreshingly simple by opting for loose waves and natural makeup.
29. Wai Ching Tulip Dress ($1,075): Cue the nature vibes with this beautiful dip-dyed dress that’s practically a work of art in itself. Why opt for a plain ol’ white gown when you can have one in purple and green?
30. Jill Jill Stuart Sleeveless Bustier Crop Top & Faille Ball Skirt ($498): Usher in a new era with this contemporary two-piece set consisting of a white bustier crop top and a twirl-worthy skirt. Cinderella-esque glass slippers are obligatory.
31. Tadashi Shoji Hanna Gown ($408): For the modern bride rooted in tradition, this navy showstopper exudes timeless elegance. Topped with a white laser cut bodice and a modest bow, this gown would be ideal for a formal winter wedding.
32. Aidan Mattox Strapless Metallic Gown ($275): Metallic wedding gowns are so right now. Complement the sweetheart neckline with a statement necklace dripping in Swarovski crystals and toss on some silver ankle strap heels for your red-carpet themed wedding.
33. Twobirds Convertible Maxi Dress ($310): Pretty is an understatement. This convertible dress in a striking shade of mint is perfect for the indecisive bride who likes her options. The long sashes can be manipulated in countless ways to achieve a truly one-of-a-kind wedding-day look.
34. Adrianna Papell Sleeveless Floral Print Ball Gown ($300): Tie the knot in this floral printed gown that makes white dresses feel rather bor-ing. The oversized blooms and romantic Valentine’s Day-inspired palette are a good excuse to dress your bridal party up in matching pink and magenta dresses.
35. Needle & Thread Embellished Embroidered Tulle Gown ($800): ICYMI: This is what bridal dreams are made of, people! Everything from the allover sequins and beads to the princessy tulle makes this blush-colored ombré gown a winner in our books. For the after-party, a sleek minaudière clutch will seal the deal.
36. BHLDN Colombe Dress ($278): Pass up the opportunity to sport a mint-hued wedding gown? Never! This sweet v-neck dress is as no-nonsense as it gets without being overly predictable. A lineup of pastel bridesmaid gowns may or may not be in order.
37. Larimeloom Corset Wedding Dress ($1,725): This medieval-inspired dress should not be overlooked, especially if you’re a boho bride. Made using natural dyes, the goldenrod and blue colored silk can be appreciated up close and at a distance.
38. Mara Hoffman Crepe Tie Back Dress ($268): In certain situations (read: a beach wedding complete with sand and a salty breeze), your rotation of traditional wedding gowns simply won’t do. This geometric, multi-colored dress is not only light as a feather, but it features gorgeous cutouts and a tie back. For endless beach vibes, finish off your look with boho beach waves and some summery leather sandals.
39. Joanna August Lacey Ruffle Dress ($285): From the enchanting ice blue hue to the flirty ruffles, this chiffon dress is fit for a princess. For a laidback look, opt for simple beach waves and a signature winged liner.
40. Storets You Call It Love Slip Dress ($135): Casual weddings do exist. For those exact occasions when you don’t want to get all gussied up in a traditional gown, a free-wheelin’ slip dress will always hit the mark. This evening-approved option in classic navy even has ruffles.
41. Natalie Deayala Double V Gown ($298): Sometimes simple can be a good thing. Case in point: This powder pink maxi with a plunging neckline will serve as a blank slate for all of your bridal accessories. Pile on the dainty jewels, over-the-elbow gloves and perhaps even a faux-feather clutch,for an ultra-glam look.
42. J.Crew Marabella Long Dress in Watercolor Silk Chiffon ($298): Get the most bang for your buck with this unconventional wedding dress that you could totally rewear again (and again) to a bevy of formal affairs. The majestic blue and abstract floral print can be elevated with a neon statement necklace or some shiny ponies.
43. Monique Lhuillier Sleeveless Lace & Tulle Ball Gown ($5,495): Get ready for your close-up in this fierce red tulle gown that can be edged up with a leather jacket. If non-traditional is the name of your wedding game, then this couture creation will be right up your alley.
44. Bloomingdale’s Endless Rose Lace Dress ($88): With a plethora of wedding dress styles and silhouettes to sift through — not to mention endless fittings — it’s *almost* tempting to just buy a ready-made dress off the rack. But actually. Leave the wedding dress drama up to the bridezillas — this nude pink lace frock with bell sleeves can be paired with a sheer veil and embellished pumps for the easiest bridal look yet.
45. Halston Heritage Deep V Multi Stripe Gown ($695): This almost neapolitan dress is for the playful bride who’s just happy to be tying the knot with her Prince Charming. The moment warmer weather vibes hit, we see this guy paired with a fishtail braid, flash tats and some strappy heels.
46. Truly Zac Posen Corseted Satin Wedding Dress ($1,250): This portabello-colored gown by Zac Posen exudes old Hollywood glamour. For your uber sophisticated wedding, we would expect nothing less.
47. French Knot Couture Floral Wedding Dress ($1,800): Take a trip back in time with this stunning watercolor dress that is Parisian chic at its best. Brides looking to stick with a traditional ball gown will appreciate the refreshingly simple blue floral print. Just add a petticoat and bouquet of pretty blooms for the wedding fète of the season.
48. Alexander McQueen Gathered Silk-Chiffon Gown ($7,095): Found it. This Alexander McQueen gown is quite possibly the most impeccable thing we’ve ever seen. If you can somehow justify the more-than-just-a-little-expensive price tag, then you will easily be the bride of the year. For your “something old,” a vintage cocktail ring or heirloom brooch will speak volumes.
49. Jenny Yoo Annabelle Dress ($260): Proof that not all wedding gowns are created equal, this light plum option is as ethereal as it gets. (All that’s missing is a classic chignon and some simple pearl studs.) Switch the tables by dressing all your bridesmaids in variations of white and cream so you really stand out when it comes time to exchange your vows.
50. Kamperett Linden Silk Wrap Dress ($495): For your Pantone-inspired wedding, this breathtaking Rose Quartz wrap dress will be making an appearance. Round out your bridal party by dressing them in Serenity (aka tranquil blue)-hued dresses.
Would you wear a colorful wedding dress on your special day? Follow us on Pinterest for more non-traditional wedding inspiration.