12 Show-Stopping Wedding Dresses We Love This Week
Okay, so making it official with your S.O. is certainly the most exciting part of the whole wedding planning process, but scoring the perfect white dress (or blush, pastel purple, pink…) to say “I do” in comes in at a pretty close second. When else do you have the chance to get dressed up to the nines in a scene-stealing gown and OMG-worthy accessories (think: DDG wedding shoes, glistening baubles, romantic veils and luxe lingerie) that are guaranteed to send your Insta-following aflutter? The answer: never. Whether you’ve had a vision of your dream gown for, well, ever or never even given the iconic big white dress a second thought, we’ve pulled some seriously swoon-worthy gowns to kickstart your search. From bohemian frocks with mid-century flair to sophisticated A-line stunners worthy of the Royal Wedding (well, we think so anyway), scroll on for our favorite wedding dress picks this week.
1. Houghton NYC Beatrix ($7,800): Oh, this old thing? It’s just the wedding dress of our dreams. Between the free-flowing silhouette and the floral appliqués that call to mind lush gardens in the English countryside, it straight-up exudes bohemian beauty. The only thing missing? A bright berry lip, lush flower crown and ultra-dainty baubles.
2. J.Crew Ella Gown ($1,350): Romantic rose jacquard fabrics and a classic A-line silhouette make this ultra-feminine gown just the thing for a midsummer garden soiree or an elegant affair at a historic estate. Complete your “I do” look with a low, textured chignon and a regal ribbon choker for an aisle-ready ensemble that will make jaws drop.
3. Needle & Thread Adona Dress ($570): Vintage-era affair in the works? This is your dress. The embellished floral appliqués serve up a serious dose of sparkle and endless Art Deco appeal, while ethereal dusty rose tulle exudes old-world elegance. Pair it with a set of strappy, shimmery heels and a glitzy halo headpiece.
4. Kite and Butterfly Spring Roses Wedding Gown ($1,025): Vows by the seaside or in the midst of an intimate woodland oasis call for a free-wheelin’ frock that won’t be outshined by the setting — and this French lace number is exactly that. The ’60s-inspired styling with its long bell sleeves and dramatic train lends the gown a laid-back bohemian feel, while a plunging neckline and low back offer up just the right amount of sex appeal. Don’t-care hair and a loosely tied bouquet of cascading wildflower blooms is non-negotiable.
5. Pallavi Mohan Tulley Top ($220) + Willowby by Watters Amora Skirt ($600): Instead of investing in two separate dresses to transition your look from bride-to-be to queen of the dance floor, take the separates route, making a pale blush tulle skirt the foundation for endless mix-and-match looks. Team it with a high-neck lace blouse and classic veil for the ceremony, then let your inner party girl run wild for the reception with a sequin-studded crop top and glitzy headpiece.
6. Self Portrait Penelope Tiered Crepon-Trimmed Guipuire Lace Gown ($1,420): Hello, gorgeous. Old- and new-school styling combine to create a guipure lace gown that is straight-up show-stopping. Intricate lace and tiers of fluttering crepon add texture, dimension and drama to an otherwise simple column silhouette that would look ah-mazing with a mantilla veil and drop earrings.
7. Willowby by Watters Irene Dress (POA): Introducing vintage glamour at its finest. For brides that want to put on the glitz without going over the top, this fabulous gown (with customizable lining, no less!) is it. The intricately beaded bodice is effortlessly balanced by a satin fit-and-flare skirt that is both contemporary and classic. Keep the rest of your accessories simple to let the scene-stealing details shine through.
8. Kaviar Gauche Goddess Iris Dress ($3,906): Kaviar Gauche nailed it when they named this voluminous gown “goddess.” The satin ball gown effortlessly captivates a room with its iris embroidery, sheer panels and classic shape. Styled alongside a lace-trimmed cathedral veil, shimmery headpiece and a dramatic red pout, your wedding-day look is guaranteed to go down in history.
9. Made With Love Bridal Frankie Gown ($1,383): A gorgeous gown that won’t send your wedding budget into the red? Sign us up! If the sensual lace and streamlined styling aren’t enough to make you swoon, the pockets on this stunner — yes, pockets! — certainly will.
10. Needle & Thread Embellished Tulle Maxi Skirt ($898): The aisle is more or less your own personal red carpet, so best believe you’ll be bringing your A game for your “I dos.” Embellished with floral embroidery, crystals, sequins and beads, this sweeping skirt does glamour with effortless ease. Style it with a silk cami and a birdcage veil for a modern bridal look, or amp it up a notch with an ornate long-sleeve lace top, lucite clutch and lace-up booties.
11. WToo Lenora Beaded Gown (POA): This isn’t your grandmother’s lace wedding gown. Keep the critics (AKA older generations) happy without compromising your modern style with a sleek sheath dress draped in circular lace. Thoughtfully placed cutouts and sheer panels have a sexy sculpting effect, highlighting your fab features and infusing the gown with a serious dose of contemporary cool.
12. Wtoo by Watters Elise Gown ($1,750): Bow down. This breathtaking gown feels straight out of the pages of a storybook with its scalloped lace, iridescent sequins and sweeping train. Team it with a Juliet cap veil and long, flowing locks for a dreamy, whimsical finish.
Follow us on Pinterest for more “I do” style inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.