15 Wedding String Lights for Your Big Day
There is just something about tiny, twinkling lights that exudes romance. So what better way to decorate for your wedding day? You can use them to spotlight the vows you worked so hard to write, or highlight your reception dinner to give it a delicate, backyard vibe. No expensive, OTT installation needed — just a few strings of white lights will give you all the enchantment you want. Plus, when your guests see the glow, they’ll know exactly where the party is at. These 15 string light decor ideas will make you start daydreaming of your own sparkling event. Let’s get lit!
1. Whimsical White: Just because your wedding isn’t full of glitzy glam vibes doesn’t mean that romantic string lights are a no-go. The flowy tulle and crisp white awning seen here are adorned with lights that perfectly complement the vintage vibe of this rustic reception. (via Julianne Brasher Photography / Junebug Weddings)
2. Backyard Beauty: If you’re kicking it outdoors for your reception, use strings of lights to illuminate the space (and keep the party rocking) as soon as the sun goes down. (via Ryan Flynn Photography)
4. Star Light: Dancing is *so* much better when it’s under the stars. You can create your own constellations indoors with large-bulbed string lights draped on every wall.
5. Light Chandelier: This ceiling sparkle is the best way to have a super glam chandelier over your reception without breaking the bank. Hanging it in the middle of the room will surely make it the star of your decor. (via Kerry Bartlett / Style Me Pretty)
6. Industrial Candlelight: Exposed brick is a gorgeous setting for a ceremony, but it’s made a serious dream with candlelight and large-bulbed string lights draped loosely. (via iZO Photography / Polka Dot Bride)
7. Tree Lights: Let Mother Nature lend a hand by securing bunches of string lights to tree branches. Your outdoor reception will radiate under these dreamy drops of light. (via Vasia Photography / Style Me Pretty)
10. Enchanting Lights: There is something endlessly delightful about string lights at an outdoor wedding. They give off a fairy-tale vibe that couldn’t be more apropos for your happily ever after. (via Anna Kim Photography / Junebug Weddings)
11. Festive Lights Rose Gold Lantern Fairy Lights ($10): Warm up your reception space with these geometric rose gold lights that will bring a touch of industrial design to your modern wedding decor. The twinkling statement lights would also be an adorable way to highlight your sweetheart table.
12. Paradise Beach Wedding: Sometimes you have to let the ocean scenery and beautiful sunsets speak for themselves with this less-is-more approach. Channel this couple’s look by keeping things fresh, modern, and relaxed by using string lights as the major decor attraction. (via Tec Petaja / Town and Country)
13. Daylight: No harsh lighting here. Let these tiny lights glow even during your daytime nuptials for some soft, romantic feels that can’t be matched — except by your love, obvi. (via Sarah Kate / Style Me Pretty)
14. Light Up: Is it us, or is this couple insanely radiant in this light? The straight and plentiful string lights allow them to glow brightly as they celebrate the best day of their life.
Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous ideas for your wedding reception.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)