Updos are pretty much standard fare for brides, as any scroll through wedding blogs and social media feeds will confirm. But, as the recently released Pinterest Wedding Report tells us, rather than intricate styles, brides these days are searching for something a little less fussy. In fact, polished, simple updos are up 87 percent on the inspo-board app. Whether they want to look more natural, less serious, or just don’t have the patience, modern brides are saying bye-bye-bye to elaborate, time-consuming coifs. Below, check out eight simple updos from the app that are super pretty and totally pin-worthy.
1. Easy Topknot: Swept up high and slightly undone, a looser bun gives an off-duty ballerina vibe. Perfectly classic, like a modern-day Degas painting, this look is just right for brides who want a low-key but romantic look.
2. Polished Ponytail: If you love to show off your locks but want to keep them out of your face on the big day, a bouncy pony is a perfect compromise. Leave some pieces loose to frame the face, and curl the ends to keep it looking wedding-worthy.
3. Sleek Twist: Keep the focus on your flawless face by twisting your hair up and in. This style is perfect for retro glam brides who dig the old-Hollywood screen siren vibe.
4. Oversized and Regal: This is your Queen-for-a-Day moment — so go big. Just make sure everything is smooth and sleek to keep the focus on your overall look — and not just your hair.
5. Throwback French Twist: Yep, the ’90s are back. A looser version of the classic twist looks fresh and fun, and not as severe as its predecessor. Think Beverly Hills, 90210, only the 2017 version.
6. Low Chignon: Elegant and unfussy, a little bit of volume on the top balances out a sleek, low bun in back. As classic as it gets, this is a fail-proof style for ladies who like everything to stay in place while they get down on the dance floor.
7. Low Looped Ponytail: Pulled back and crossed over, this simple pony is elevated enough for evening.
8. Sideswept Bun: A sweet take on the classic chignon, the high side bun is demure and elegant. A deep side part or full comb-over only adds to the girly glam.
Want more wedding beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!