10 Travel Essentials for a Perfect Weekend Getaway
March is the transitional winter-to-spring month that always stirs up our wanderlust. It’s called spring fever, and we’ve got it bad. There’s something so refreshing about a weekend getaway among blooming flowers and budding trees — springis the season of renewal, after all. Whether you’re city-bound for a solo adventure or headed to Nashville with your new boyfriend à la Master of None, these 10 travel essentials are so fun and functional that you’ll actually look forward to packing!
1. Maika Gold Dots Print Carryall Tote ($52): First thing’s first: You need something to put your things in! This gold polka dot print is whimsical and fun, while the sturdy canvas body and leather straps are super strong (perfect for all of us over-packers).
and evening clutch.
3. Brit + Co Leather Jewelry Roll Kit by CHLOE & ISABEL ($39): Don’t spend precious city-exploring moments trying to untangle your favorite gold necklace from your favorite silver one. This jewelry roll kit will help keep your baubles blissfully knot-free.
4. Herbs + Oils Bath Sea Salt Hair Mist – Coconut + Vanilla ($14): Even if you’re not headed to the shore on your mini-adventure, beachy waves give your hair that relaxed, vacation vibe. This nourishing sea salt hair mist is the shortcut to get your hair there, without the dreaded crunch-factor.
5. Mountain Tees Fanny Pack Kitties T-Shirt ($20): Since literally traveling around with a fanny pack full of cute kittens is frowned upon (right… ?), this cheeky tee is the next best thing. If you really want to up the cutesy factor, pick up a matching set for you and your bestie to rock on your girls trip.
6. Bad Ass Candles Bad Ass Bitch Lip Balm ($4): The bright grapefruit scent of this natural lip balm will perk you up after a long car ride or a day spent exploring a new city.
7. Happy Plugs Earbuds – Gold ($29): Earbuds are as essential to traveling as a toothbrush, and you’re probably using them a whole lot more! Why not make them an intentional part of your outfit? These chromed-out ‘buds are our favorite pair.
8. Casetify Bluetooth Selfie Stick ($35): There’s no use fighting it: A selfie stick is a total travel essential. How else are you going to get yourself perfectly framed-up with that sunset and palm tree on the beach?
9. Primrose Merry Maker Eau De Parfum ($50): Keep your 3-1-1 liquids rule in check with this travel sized roll-on perfume. You’ll get through security in a rose-scented breeze.
and saving your skin by staying hydrated.