10 Travel Essentials for a Perfect Weekend Getaway
March is the transitional winter-to-spring month that always stirs up our wanderlust. It’s called spring fever, and we’ve got it bad. There’s something so refreshing about a weekend getaway among blooming flowers and budding trees — springis the season of renewal, after all. Whether you’re city-bound for a solo adventure or headed to Nashville with your new boyfriend à la Master of None, these 10 travel essentials are so fun and functional that you’ll actually look forward to packing!
1. Maika Gold Dots Print Carryall Tote ($52): First thing’s first: You need something to put your things in! This gold polka dot print is whimsical and fun, while the sturdy canvas body and leather straps are super strong (perfect for all of us over-packers).
3. Brit + Co Leather Jewelry Roll Kit by CHLOE & ISABEL ($39): Don’t spend precious city-exploring moments trying to untangle your favorite gold necklace from your favorite silver one. This jewelry roll kit will help keep your baubles blissfully knot-free.
4. Herbs + Oils Bath Sea Salt Hair Mist – Coconut + Vanilla ($14): Even if you’re not headed to the shore on your mini-adventure, beachy waves give your hair that relaxed, vacation vibe. This nourishing sea salt hair mist is the shortcut to get your hair there, without the dreaded crunch-factor.
5. Mountain Tees Fanny Pack Kitties T-Shirt ($20): Since literally traveling around with a fanny pack full of cute kittens is frowned upon (right… ?), this cheeky tee is the next best thing. If you really want to up the cutesy factor, pick up a matching set for you and your bestie to rock on your girls trip.
6. Bad Ass Candles Bad Ass Bitch Lip Balm ($4): The bright grapefruit scent of this natural lip balm will perk you up after a long car ride or a day spent exploring a new city.
7. Happy Plugs Earbuds – Gold ($29): Earbuds are as essential to traveling as a toothbrush, and you’re probably using them a whole lot more! Why not make them an intentional part of your outfit? These chromed-out ‘buds are our favorite pair.
8. Casetify Bluetooth Selfie Stick ($35): There’s no use fighting it: A selfie stick is a total travel essential. How else are you going to get yourself perfectly framed-up with that sunset and palm tree on the beach?
9. Primrose Merry Maker Eau De Parfum ($50): Keep your 3-1-1 liquids rule in check with this travel sized roll-on perfume. You’ll get through security in a rose-scented breeze.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)