Whether you’re planning a Mother’s Day getaway, gearing up for a Netflix binge or getting started on a new creative project, that’s what weekends are for. When it comes to the latter, we’ve totally got you covered, especially if it involves painting. Read on for eight ways to turn your painterly dreams into full-blown reality this weekend.
1. Jenna Rainey’s Watercolor Painting Online Class and Kit ($117): If you’ve ever wanted to take up watercolor painting but haven’t been sure where to start, this class and kit combo is precisely what you need. It’ll teach you all the basics and provide the essential materials for you to hit the ground running.
2. Brit + Co Watercolor Sketchbook Kit ($29): Once the watercolor bug has bitten you, it’s hard to turn back. Carry this sketchbook around with you for those random moments when inspiration strikes.
3. Brit + Co DIY Nail Art Kit ($44): Painting doesn’t only have to be on walls or canvas. Take your nail painting to the next level with this kit that gives you all that you need to up your nail art designs.
4. Meera Lee Patel’s Illustration With Watercolor Online Class and Kit ($58): For those with illustration-based interests in learning watercolor, this class and kit is just what you need. It’ll teach you all about watercolor so you can craft your own beautiful illustrations.
5. Brit + Co Gold Dipped Vases Kit ($25): Another alternative painting project ahoy! If you really don’t want to hassle with brushes and all that, take the dip-dyed approach to painting with this vases kit.
6. Courtney Pilgrim’s Acrylic Painting Online Class and Kit ($49): For volume and texture in your painted works, acrylic is the way to go. This class and kit is the fastest way to getting started on your acrylic painting career this weekend.
7. Brit + Co Color-Block Candle Holders Kit ($25): If you’re totally into the dip-dyed approach but vases aren’t your thing, here’s a candle holder option for you! Your tea lights will have never looked so good.
8. Seedling DIY Bird House ($30): Spring is in the air, and that means the birds are heading north again to look for a place to nest. Make that place your backyard with this paint-centered DIY bird house kit, and wake to soothing bird chirps every morning instead of your alarm.
What painting project are you going to tackle this weekend? Tell us about it on Twitter @BritandCo!