16 Mom-Approved Weekend Getaways
It’s not too late to give mom the gift she really needs: a fun getaway. This Mother’s Day, give her a trip for the two of you (and maybe the rest of the family… if they’re lucky) to celebrate just how awesome she really is. These hot destinations are a road trip away (if not in your backyard!). Just choose her adventure — a spa day for the mom who loves to be pampered, a nature retreat for the outdoorsy momma or an Instagram-worthy dining experience in a new city. No matter where your trip takes you, one things for sure: Mom deserves it!
1. Napa Valley Wine Train ($149 per person): Take the weekend to visit wine country and see it in a whole new way. In the Vista Dome on the top level of the Napa Valley Wine Train mom will get 180-degree views of all the vineyards, a delicious dinner or lunch with wine pairings, not to mention glass after glass at winery tours.
2. NYC Peninsula Hotel Spa Package ($640): Pamper mom with the ultimate in city luxury. After a weekend of shopping Madison Avenue, seeing Broadway shows and dining out, she can enjoy Sunday with a champagne brunch, facial, manicure, pedicure, massage and more.
3. Skytop Lodge in Poconos, PA ($179 per night): If your mom is the type that craves adventure, she’ll love this family getaway tucked in the Poconos. At Skytop, she’ll get all the amenities of a world-class resort, plus a chance at adrenaline-pumping activities like zip lining, kayaking, white water rafting and mountain biking. Last minute weekend deals start at $179 a night. (via Skytop Lodge)
4. Lake Austin Spa Resort, Austin, TX: At this gorgeous lakeside resort the views are incredible and the trip is what she wants to make of it. Mom can fill her days just relaxing by the water or choose from cooking classes, day spa treatments and fitness activities. (via Lake Austin)
5. Vermont’s Inn to Inn Tours: Find the beauty in nature through guided hiking and biking tours along trails in Vermont. Once you’ve chosen your mode of transportation — foot or pedal? — Vermont’s Inn to Inn Tours will set you and mom up with the best guides, prettiest views and coziest places to stay along the way. (via Inn to Inn)
6. Mother’s Day Getaway, Red Mountain Resort, UT ($220 per person, per night): Mother Nature calling your name? With deluxe rooms tucked into the resort’s vivid red rock cliffs, you’ll have $50 towards the deluxe spa, three chef-prepared meals a day, unlimited access to the scours of nature’s best hiking trails and a chance to visit Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks.
7. South Seas Island Resort, Captiva Island, FL ($209 per night): Set sail to this pristine island oasis nestled in the Gulf of Mexico, and mom will think you booked a whole island just for her. At the South Sea Island resort, you’ll be able to swim in the huge pool, take picnics on the white sand beaches (where pirates are rumored to have roamed) and dine on uber fresh seafood.
8. Broadmoor Colorado Resort (prices vary): At the Rocky Mountain’s sprawling resort, mom can indulge in high altitude views without ever stepping foot off the premises (though she can go for a hike if she wants!). Enjoy the spa together, play 18 holes of golf or a few rounds of tennis.
9. Savannah Riverboat Cruise ($54 per person): Get a taste of real Southern charm with a weekend of fun in Savannah, Georgia. You’ll get your best views of it on Savannah’s Riverboat Cruises. While you take in the city from the water, you and mom will get a special brunch or dinner and live entertainment.
10. Exhale Spa at Revel, Atlantic City, NJ (prices vary): This weekend trip is anything but a gamble. Mom can play the slots, bet on red and get some R+R all in one spot. Revel’s 32,000 square foot Exhale spa offers every treatment she could dream of for a weekend full of luxury.
11. Chatham Bars Inn Spring Renewal, Cape Cod, MA ($200): Stay at the 100-year-old Chatham Bars Inn for a trip back in time (we’re talking Gatsby-era styling) and great beach strolls. Spoil mom over a weekend visit with the 90-minute Spring Renewal spa package: An organic body wash and exfoliation treatment, Vichy shower, shea butter wrap and facial massage.
12. Ritz Carlton Tea, Phoenix, AZ ($40 per person): Head to Phoenix for a weekend full of spas, outdoor adventure and alfresco dining. But be sure to stop in at the Ritz Carlton for a special all-for-mom tea time, featuring finger sandwiches, signature tea service and live piano playing. It’s an all-grown-up tea party!
13. Bretton Woods Canopy Tour, New Hampshire ($99): Send your thrill-seeking mom flying across nearly 1,000 feet of zip lines in the trees of Bretton Woods, NH. After you’re done with your adventure, dine alfresco on the patio at the red roof-topped Omni Mount Washington Resort with views of snow-capped mountains and blooming gardens.
14. The Bellagio, Las Vegas (prices vary): If a weekend in Sin City is your mama’s style, take the high-roller to Vegas’s Bellagio. There, you can treat her to the water-based Cirque de Soleil show “O,” top chocolates from Jean Philipe’s in-hotel store front, brunch facing the hotel’s magical fountains and a day at the spa with Mother’s Day specials.
15. Bobby’s Bike Tours, Chicago (starting at $38): Take her on a weekend tour of the Windy City’s best on bike. Choose a tour or two ranging from a sunset ride to a Bikes, Bites and Brew tour (yes, we’re talking deep dish pizza). If mom is a star-gazer, take a tour of Chicago’s Lakefront neighborhoods including the Playboy Mansion and Oprah’s house.
16. Yoga Retreat in Big Sur, CA: Let mom find zen at the relaxing Esalen retreat located on the cliffs of Big Sur. She’ll enjoy yoga classes, healthy eating and a dip in the cliff-side hot springs that have been bubbling for more than 6,000 years. (via Esalen)
Giving mom a gift of a weekend away this year? Tell us where you’re taking her below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?