What to Make This Weekend: A Leather Tote, Egg Yolk Coasters + More
Mother’s Day has come and gone. While all your DIY efforts the last few weeks may have gone to making something special for dear old mom, this weekend is just for y-o-u. From a chic leather tote to the perfect wedding hair accessory, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Leather Tote: If you opt to use real leather for this, it’s probably not going to be super cheap, but it will definitely be more affordable than if you bought a similar tote at a boutique. Plus, the look on your friends’ faces when you tell them you made it will definitely make the cost worth it. (via Boxwood Avenue)
2. Pom-Pom Skort: As the weather finally starts to heat up, you may just find that your warm-weather wardrobe could use a little bit of an upgrade. Skip the shopping spree and instead make this adorable floral skort. (via Brit + Co)
4. Paper Flower Crown: Fresh flower crowns definitely have a whole lot of charm, but if you’re more interested in something that will last forever and look just as stunning, try this super easy paper alternative. (via Brit + Co)
5. Egg Coasters: Well if this isn’t a conversation starter we don’t know what is. Set some bacon Blood Marys down atop these felt masterpieces for the ultimate breakfast scene. (via Paint the Gown Red)
6. Tissue Paper Wall Art: Mod Podge and Tissue paper are all you need to create this colorful, abstract wall art. Want to add a little bit more? Try topping the canvas with some witty typography. (via Brit + Co)
7. Peg Organizer: Looking for a space-saving entryway piece? This minimal wooden organizer is the perfect solution. Looking for a little bit of color? Add in some color blocking action. (via The Merry Thought)
8. Lemon Beeswax Candles: These candles are so easy it almost feels like cheating. This super easy DIY won’t just make your home smell like lemons — beeswax also works as an air purifier. (via Twine and Table)
10. Personalized Tea Bags: Need an easy personalized gift? Attach photos to a loved one’s favorite type of tea to add a sentimental touch. If you want to take it one step further, skip the store bought stuff and create a custom tea blend. (via Northstory)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.