Mother’s Day has come and gone. While all your DIY efforts the last few weeks may have gone to making something special for dear old mom, this weekend is just for y-o-u. From a chic leather tote to the perfect wedding hair accessory, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Leather Tote: If you opt to use real leather for this, it’s probably not going to be super cheap, but it will definitely be more affordable than if you bought a similar tote at a boutique. Plus, the look on your friends’ faces when you tell them you made it will definitely make the cost worth it. (via Boxwood Avenue)
2. Pom-Pom Skort: As the weather finally starts to heat up, you may just find that your warm-weather wardrobe could use a little bit of an upgrade. Skip the shopping spree and instead make this adorable floral skort. (via Brit + Co)
4. Paper Flower Crown: Fresh flower crowns definitely have a whole lot of charm, but if you’re more interested in something that will last forever and look just as stunning, try this super easy paper alternative. (via Brit + Co)
5. Egg Coasters: Well if this isn’t a conversation starter we don’t know what is. Set some bacon Blood Marys down atop these felt masterpieces for the ultimate breakfast scene. (via Paint the Gown Red)
6. Tissue Paper Wall Art: Mod Podge and Tissue paper are all you need to create this colorful, abstract wall art. Want to add a little bit more? Try topping the canvas with some witty typography. (via Brit + Co)
7. Peg Organizer: Looking for a space-saving entryway piece? This minimal wooden organizer is the perfect solution. Looking for a little bit of color? Add in some color blocking action. (via The Merry Thought)
8. Lemon Beeswax Candles: These candles are so easy it almost feels like cheating. This super easy DIY won’t just make your home smell like lemons — beeswax also works as an air purifier. (via Twine and Table)
10. Personalized Tea Bags: Need an easy personalized gift? Attach photos to a loved one’s favorite type of tea to add a sentimental touch. If you want to take it one step further, skip the store bought stuff and create a custom tea blend. (via Northstory)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.