The Edit: Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas No Matter What Your Plans Are
Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that often comes with a side of unnecessary stress, whether you’re trying to pull off an unforgettable Galentine’s Day event, score the perfect gift for your S.O. or craft the perfect card for every member of your crew. And then there’s the whole style thing to consider. Be it a Bachelor-inspired dress, saucy lingerie or a power pink ensemble, the best V-Day getup is — without a doubt — whatever makes you feel like the bombshell that you are. But just in case you need a little inspiration, we’ve pulled together a few Insta-worthy essentials that’ll ensure you stay on top of your style game no matter what’s on the agenda.
Keepin’ It Casual
1. & Other Stories Mohair Wool Blend Sweater ($95): For your laid-back V-day adventures, enlist a comfy cashmere or mohair sweater that’s equal parts sexy and chic. The oversized sleeves and subtle sheerness of this cream-colored number serve up just the right amount of romance to keep everyday basics fully grounded in date night territory.
2. Topshop MOTO Fall Floral Embroidered Mom Jeans ($115): Instead of rockin’ your favorite pair of distressed denim, opt for a pair of floral embroidered jeans that exude feminine flair. Make the stitched pattern pop with accessories in complementary hues, like a burgundy bag or bottle green earrings.
3. Uterqüe Vintage Flower Earrings ($56): Instantly make your low-key ensemble feel date-night-ready with a pair of elegant drop earrings with a touch of old world appeal. For max impact, team with a berry lip and elegant wrap coat.
4. Zara High Heel Velvet Ankle Boots ($50): Velvet has an innate luxe, romantic vibe, which makes these dusty rose booties feel right on cue for Valentine’s Day. Pop ’em on with a pair of relaxed fit jeans or a floaty floral midi dress FTW.
5. Loéil Haelo Bag ($89): A great bag is a must no matter how you swing it. Catching an indie flick and splitting a pie at your favorite pizza joint doesn’t exactly call for a red carpet-ready clutch, but this faux-fur stunner will definitely do. Load it up with all of your date night essentials, then proceed to hit your low-key local in style.
6. Keepsake Needed Me Dress ($165): With its asymmetric styling and dreamy cowl drape bodice, this stunner is bound to turn more than a few heads. Team it with luxe accessories and a statement coat for major glam goddess vibes.
Swanky Dinner Date
7. Steve Madden “Ava” Sandal ($110): Keepin’ it classy doesn’t have to mean settling for snoozy accessories and separates. These sculptural sandals boast all the elegance of a traditional pair of pumps while scoring serious style points with their sultry, curvaceous straps.
8. Kayu Jen Staw Clutch ($176): Punch up a ladylike LBD in a snap with a playful pink clutch that’s guaranteed to get you into the holiday spirit. Geode gemstones and gilded accents effortlessly lend the panache-packed style with just the right amount of diva factor. A worthy home for your after-hours essentials indeed.
9. Zara Double Breasted Coat ($130): Because one can never rock too much power pink, round out your fierce love day look with a powder pink topper in a modern, streamlined silhouette. Bonus points for the addition of a glitzy brooch.
10. J.Crew Swinging Drop Earrings ($48): Let your funky clutch and elevated LBD do all the talking by opting for sleek, minimalist baubles that add major polish to your look without going OTT.
11. Topshop Sheer Peg Leg Jumpsuit ($130): Spending Valentine’s Day with your #girlsquad? Give your single lady style a boost with a sassy jumpsuit that pulls out all the stops. The peek-a-boo cutouts bring just enough look-at-me appeal to the ensemble, and the one-and-done styling is perfect for your post-office costume change.
GNO Galentine’s Edition
12. Zara Silver Zipped Bluchers ($40): Round out your DGAF style with quicksilver bluchers that scream lady on a mission. The high-shine finish boasts a fiercely fashion-forward edge, while the sleek low profile was practically made for breakin’ it down on the dance floor.
13. H&M Embroidered Bomber Jacket ($60): A little bit of peacocking never hurt anybody. This bold bomber has look-at-me vibes built right in — not that you need any help getting noticed.
14. Zara Denim Crossbody Bag ($40): Painting the town red calls for a quirky crossbody that’s just as captivating as you and your crew. Combining classic style with modern updates like denim fabric and a fistful of punchy pins, this quilted number more than does the trick. To boot, the functionality factor is on point, with this petite style offering plenty of room to stash your keys, phone, wallet, transport cards and lipstick.
15. Argento Vivo Spiral Threader Earrings ($40): Head out in snoozy hoops? You wouldn’t dream of it. These sculptural swirls live up to your haute standards and assert your status as street style star. As if there were any doubt.
16. Monogram Subliminal Seduction French Cut ($65): We love lingerie — don’t get us wrong — but it’s not exactly our first choice when we’re kickin’ back at home. This saucy tee, on the other hand? We’re so there. Pop it on, pour a glass of wine and let the graphics do all the talking.
Kickin’ It at Home
17. Mango Embroidered Robe ($80): Whether you’ve planned a laid-back girls night in or have an evening of self-pampering on the agenda, treat yo’self to an ethereal embroidered robe and luxe fur-trimmed slippers.
18. Free People Stone Bun Cuff ($18): You never let your sartorial guard down — even when you’re getting your R&R on. The proof? This gleaming gold bun cuff that’ll keep your messy topknot looking its best.
19. Loéil Copen Pant ($128): When given the choice between standard sweats and these rib knit bottoms, it’s these stunners that win every time. The trouser-like styling has serious runway-ready edge, but the soft ribbed fabric makes them prime for doing the lazy girl thing. The best part? They can easily be dressed up with a pair of block heels, a sleek turtleneck and architectural earrings — you know, just in case last-minute plans take you away from your Netflix binge sesh.
20. Zara Furry Criss-Cross Slides ($50): Stilettos are overrated. Show your feet a little bit of love this Valentine’s Day and allow yourself to luxuriate in a pair of fuzzy crossover kicks. We’re so in.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.