See Whitney Port’s Unique Non-Traditional Wedding Dress + Hair
Whitney Port, who is well on her honeymoon by now we hope, got married over the weekend. While she kept her wedding style under wraps for a few days, photos of her dress have finally emerged, and we’ve never seen anything like it. The girl is a fashion designer, after all. Whitney’s dress features a super unique high-low waterfall hem and was a custom creation by Ashli Studio.
Seriously, though, how amazing does she look? She accessorized with simple pearl earrings that were a combo of her groom’s mother’s stud earrings (aw) and Delfina Delettrez dangles. Her shoes are also a small miracle adorned with faux flowers — but back to that dress!
According to Us Magazine, Whitney’s gown is decked out with tiny off-white pearls “using a beading technique called Zardozi,” and those stunning embroidered lace flowers are done with silver embroidery thread. Fancy. The high-low dress trend has finally made it into the bridal world, and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Here are a couple of waterfall-hemmed wedding looks that can help you cop Whit’s wedding style.
1. White by Vera Wang High Low Tiered Wedding Gown ($1,298): This statement-making option isn’t just bold — it has touches of dreamy too. The lace-edged tiers that flow into a trailing train are so, so pretty.
2. Elika in Love Athena Gown ($1,380): Channel some serious Grecian goddess in this indie design. The asymmetrical slit, soft layers and ruching are also perfect for a casual, late afternoon wedding. We can totally picture a bouquet of wildflowers with this dress!
3. Organza + Tulle Gown With Beaded Flower ($500): If you were looking for ruffles, look no further. This organza + tulle confection is the perfect party wedding gown — so be prepared to have fun!
4. Tulle Over Chiffon High Low Dress With Bow Accent ($99): This whimsical dress isn’t just budget friendly — it’s also perfect for a city hall wedding. The subtle high-low is a unique touch, yet the look is still overall classic.
5. Anne Barge Blue Willow Jenny Gown ($1,800 +): Something about this Anne Barge Blue Willow Bridal gown says “Southern Belle.” Perhaps it’s the quaint bow and bateau neckline. Prepare to sweep your S.O. off his/her feet in this stunning look.
What do you think of Whitney’s look? Sound off in the comments below!
(Photo via Hannah Costello)