Whitney Port Will Make You Want to Learn *THIS* Creative Skill
It’s never too late to learn a new skill, as The Hills alum Whitney Port proved to us all when she enrolled for painting classes this week — there’s always time for a new hobby. In fact, with a little friendly tutorial, like newly tatted Tori Spelling’s impressive Father’s Day gift share, you can earn the right to call yourself a creative at any time the urge may strike! And strike it did this week, even in Hollywood, as Krysten Ritter and Alicia Silverstone also proved with their homemade creations. Check out the rest of the best celeb DIYs this week had to offer below.
1. Whitney Port: The one-time The Hills star gave her former co-star, Audrina Patridge, a run for her money in the DIY department this week, when she signed up for painting classes. “…Have confirmed how messy I am,” she writes on her debut artwork. “Get it together, Whitney!” We don’t know… we think it’s kinda cool! Avant garde, even! Try your hand at acrylic painting in our online class.
2. Alicia Silverstone: We’re not even gonna’ lie: This homemade chowder Alicia Silverstone whipped up this week looks like a GD delight. “I made corn chowder with croutons and pesto (#vegan obviously),” she says of her dish. Very yummy.” We’ll say!
3. Sofia Vergara: Sofia shows us how she does #summerentertainment, starting with this lemon sorbet. YUM.
4. Jessica Alba: To celebrate daughter Honor’s eighth birthday party, mom Jessica Alba threw her little girl an EPIC birthday party, complete with a totally badass theme: SCIENCE! Check out highlights in her video reel above.
5. Krysten Ritter: Who needs PetCo when you can make your own pet supplies, a la Krysten Ritter? “Mikey getting ready for a nap on his new bed that I made him!” What a lucky pup!
6. Lucy Liu: Lucy Liu shared her art with more than her Instagram followers as an included artist for @artandcultureny’s current pop-up exhibition (PS – you can own it yourself for a cool $3,000, available for purchase here).
7. Kristin Cavallari: The mom of three still somehow finds time to make her own Instagram-worthy food, like this homemade granola and blueberry snack she created for herself, complete with darling mason jar. Stealing that jar parfait idea for our next Sunday brekkie!
8. Tori Spelling: Tori is a known DIY junkie, so it makes total sense that she’d use her skills to help her children craft husband Dean’s Father’s Day gifts last Sunday. “I always say DIY = LOVE,” she wrote. We couldn’t agree more, Tori! Learn how to make these lion bookends for your own loved ones (or yourself, we won’t tell!) here.
Are you inspired by Whitney’s desire to learn? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Craig Barritt/Getty)