17 Creative Winter Bridal Shower Ideas
From Christmas to Valentine’s Day, the winter holidays inspire fun-filled parties and get-togethers galore. If your bestie has a wedding coming up, this festive season is also the perfect time to surprise her with a creative bridal shower that’s chock full of unique wintry details. Envisioning a DIY hot cocoa bar? Quirky marshmallow garlands? Gorgeous evergreen centerpieces? These 17 ideas will help you host a wow-worthy affair she’ll always remember.
1. Winter Wonderland Invitation ($8): A blue and gold color scheme is sure to delight any non-traditional winter bride. Choose this invitation as a lovely way to introduce your shower theme while also giving guests a welcome break from all the red and green holiday cards filling their mailboxes.
2. Apple Mugs + Cinnamon Cider: Don’t let howling winds and frigid temps put a damper on the festivities. Instead, take things fireside and warm guests up with cinnamon-spiked cider served in scooped-out apple mugs. (Photo via Best Photography)
3. DIY Hot Cocoa Bar: Whether you’re hosting a wedding shower for your best bud or Christmas brunch for the family, hot cocoa is a definite must-have. Recreate this DIY bar featuring marshmallows, candy canes, chocolate chips and caramel pieces as a surefire way to ensure good cheer for all. (via Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom)
4. Candy-Coated Spoons: Speaking of hot cocoa bars, wouldn’t these candy-coated spoons be an excellent addition? Covered in white or milk chocolate, plus tiny candy cane crumbles, they’ll take your display from already adorbs to all-around awesome. (Photo via Katelyn James)
5. Hot Cocoa Cookies: Steaming mugs of cocoa call for some just-as-delicious desserts on the side. Whip up a batch of our hot chocolate-inspired cookies for a sweet treat everyone will love. (via Brit + Co)
6. Spiced Apple Cider Cranberry Cupcakes: Drink your cider and eat it too with the help of these cran-tastic, cinnamon-infused cupcakes that are a delectable complement to the classic drink. (via American Heritage Cooking)
7. Chocolate Donuts + Evergreen Garland: Turn your shower into the ultimate Christmas-inspired brunch with a gorgeous evergreen table runner, silver tree centerpieces, sparkling cranberry cocktails and chocolate nutmeg donuts guests can decorate. (Photo via Kristi Murphy)
9. Evergreen Centerpieces: Versatile evergreen arrangements work well as table centerpieces, fireplace mantel decor, unconventional chandeliers or even bold bouquets the day of the wedding. (Photo via Anastasiya Belik Photography)
10. Marshmallow Garlands: You’ve probably used marshmallow garlands to trim the tree, but what about turning them into party decor? Here, hanging strands deliver a whimsical look that’s just right for a wintry celebration. (Photo via Ely Fair Photography)
12. Christmas Tree + Presents: Presents beneath the tree aren’t just for Christmas morning when you snag the same setup for your best friend’s bridal shower. Aren’t these bottle cozies super cute? (Photo via Anastasiya Belik Photography)
13. Blue + White Dessert Display: Equally ideal for a winter bridal or baby shower, this blue and white dessert display provides the perfect combination of vintage and feminine flair. (Photo via KTMoffitt Photography)
14. Rose Gold Cake: Chic metallic details lend instant glamour to any winter event. Give the hot trend a spin by serving a rose gold-frosted cake during your friend’s New Year’s Eve or Valentine’s Day shower. (Photo via Jillian Zamora Photography)
15. Glittery Snowflake Favor Boxes: Snowflake-topped favor boxes are a great way to send friends home with special treats they can enjoy later on. These toppers were made from fondant, but you could easily use paper stock instead. (Photo via Soiree Event Design)
16. Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Pop Favors: Hey Santa, how about stuffing our stockings with some of these sugary-sweet hot cocoa pops? Complete with candy cane sticks and colorful string ties, they make for adorable edible presents. (via Boulder Locavore)
What’s your favorite winter bridal shower idea? Share some creative inspiration below.