22 Ways to Proudly Display Your Name or Initials
Looking for an aesthetically pleasing way to mark your territory? Just got married and love your new initials so much you want to hang ’em up on your wall? Monograms aren’t just for L.L. Bean backpacks anymore – they make for great wall art, from the bedroom to the kitchen. Check out 22 fun ways to rock your favorite letters.
With no relation to the bloomin’ onion, this blooming monogram is a great move for a birthday party, wedding, or other special occasion. For something more permanent, use handmade paper flowers instead of real ones. (via Parcel Post)
2. Custom Alphabet Frames ($250): These have a Kinfolk-for-kids quality to them, don’t you think? We love the different colors on each surface, and definitely want to try our hand at making a slightly more affordable DIY version.
Paper pinwheels never fail to impress, and even though they feel like an elementary school craft they can actually look quite beautiful when creating a letter or two. (via Once Wed)
5. Geometric Letters ($15 for two): Don’t these seem like they were lifted out of Pacman or some other retro video game? It would be pretty awesome to stock up on a whole bunch and make a giant word search on your wall.
You could make something similar with astroturf for a den or game room in your home – or perfect for a little boy’s room. (via Major Diamond Productions)
7. Vintage Illuminated Marquee Letters ($199 each): Create a full-on movie set in your home by grabbing a few of these beautiful illuminated letters from Restoration Hardware.
For the girly girl, we’re digging this letter covered with simple rosettes. (via The Fun, Cheap, or Free Queen)
9. Neon Letters Kit ($72 each): Spell out anything you want with these letters that simply plug together. Just be sure you order the right transformer to avoid watching your lights flicker out.
Looks like someone did figure out an easy way to create a letter bookshelf. Such a fun idea for pretty much any room in the house. (via Home Stories A to Z)
We’ve featured this one by Jordan Ferney before because we love it so much! It’s a piñata monogram – just the thing for your next big party. (via Oh Happy Day)
How gorgeous are these? We might need to get a Brit + Co. version for our new office! (via Rooted in Succulents)
Though we chose to make words and pictures with our string art tutorial, you could also do this right on the wall and write your name or initials. (via Brit + Co.)
15. Library Letters ($20 each): Guess what these letters are made from? Old library books! While we can’t condone ruining perfectly good books, we’re all over this retro aesthetic.
Inspired by metallic letters seen at both flea markets and Anthropologie, we’re digging the industrial look of this kitchen decor. (via Creative Index)
Another one that boasts more than a few initials, this marquee is one of our favorite past projects. (via Brit + Co.)
20. Acid Etched Letters ($12 each): The coolest part about these letters is that each letter has a gorgeous pattern etched into it. Mad props to Urban Outfitters for scouting these out.
21. Twine-Wrapped Letter Wreath ($20): One question, and one question only: Would MC Hammer approve? ;)
22. Gold Monogram Letter ($25 each): And last, go for the gold!