20 DIY Wedding Centerpieces for Your Upcoming Nuptials
With an endless supply of wedding inspiration from blogs, Pinterest and even TV, it’s easy to get flustered when planning your nuptials. The surge in one-of-a-kind “pin-worthy” weddings are really upping the ante, and frazzled brides everywhere are loading up on ideas to design, source and hand make their own wedding day decor… from scratch! This crop of 20 DIY centerpieces is chock-full of charming ideas, from quirky vintage finds to glittery gold unicorns (yes, really), and we promise you’ll find just what you need for a truly out-of-this-world wedding.
1. Turn Back the Clock: Time to scour Gramp’s attic for antique treasures. Simply pair these precious finds with wildflower arrangements and stacks of your favorite love stories. (via Rock N Roll Bride)
2. Rustic Woodland Wedding: Pull inspiration from nature and go with a unique tree stump centerpiece. If you’re lucky enough to have a forest nearby, then off to the woods you go! (via Smitten Photography)
4. VIP Pass: If you and your beau bond over your love for music, showcase your favorite bands with this easy peasy printable centerpiece idea. Simply pick your favorite bands’ best album covers, edit them to the perfect size postcards, head to the print shop and voila! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
5. Orange Crush: Grab a shopping cart, because we’re going to the grocery store! This cheery citrus runner is perfect for the non-fussy bride. Add punchy-hued poppies to finish the look. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Hanging Out: Venture outside your comfort zone with a spectacular hanging centerpiece that will wow your guests. Create a swing for bunches of flowers, or simply string some books and baubles high and low — just be careful when using candles! (via Awake Photography)
7. Skip the Florals: Say goodbye to the stress that comes with booking a florist! These beautiful potted herbs are the perfect centerpiece for a farm-to-table, urban aesthetic. Besides being simple to make (just head to your local hardware store), they make great favors, too. (via Le Magnifique Blog)
8. Color Explosion: If you’re looking for a burst of color that won’t burn a hole in your wallet, try this Aztec sand DIY. Not only is it a cheap alternative to flowers, but it’s easy to accomplish (even for the DIY-challenged). (via Ruffled)
10. Fruits of Your Labor: Use a fresh pineapple to add a tropical twist to your wedding. Not only can you make this mouthwatering centerpiece on the cheap, but you can also enjoy a nice snack in the process. Aloha! (via The Monied)
11. Stock Up on Soup: Forget the typical mason jar — this is the ultimate upcycled centerpiece. It’s totally cost effective and you can get really creative using metallic paint, chalkboard paint, lace or twine. (via Oh Lovely Day)
12. The Hunt is Over: If you’re planning a country wedding, antlers are a great, all-natural element to include. Alone, they make for a dramatic centerpiece, but try adding dainty bulb arrangements and some paint for a major statement and burst of color. (via Dear Lizzy)
14. Picture This: Whether you’ve been planning your big day from the moment you laid eyes on your soon-to-be-partner or not, these photo jars are the perfect mementos. This simple DIY encapsulates a couple’s magical moments and gives guests a peek into the love story. (via Ruffled)
16. Calling All Science Nerds: Take a cue from your high school chemistry lab days with this geeky-chic centerpiece. Instead of things that could explode, fill your test tubes with dainty flowers and handmade paper flags. This simple centerpiece is enough to impress Bill Nye himself! (via Confetti Sunshine)
17. Razzle Dazzle: It’s no surprise that we’re huge fans of themed weddings, and this carnival-inspired decor takes the cake! From ride tickets to animal crackers, your guests won’t be able to peel their eyes away from the table! Bonus points if you can get a vintage popcorn maker! (via Wedding Chicks)
18. Not Just Paper: We promise, this is one centerpiece your guests will be talking about for months to come. Swap out traditional centerpiece elements like flowers and vases for this peg board, paper and air plant DIY instead. The color combinations are endless! (via Ruffled)
19. Elegant Fall Pumpkins: Fall weddings can sometimes be tricky because the floral color palette changes. Take advantage of what you have on hand during this harvest — incredible pumpkins, squash and gourds in unique shapes, colors and sizes. Add your own personal touch with metallic gold paint, succulents and even artichokes. (via Wedding Chicks)
20. Travel Bug: Personalize this travel-themed centerpiece by pinning your honeymoon spot on the globe and using destinations instead of table numbers. Now, bid your single life adieu and get ready for your greatest adventure yet! (via Every Last Detail)
Now that we’ve jam-packed your brains and Pinterest boards with stunning ideas, which DIY will you try? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?