22 Workout Essentials That Slay for Less Than $75
Once summer has come and gone, getting your fitness on erryday can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you’re the type that likes to get active outdoors. Cooler temps and dwindling daylight can totally throw a wrench in your workout routine — getting up when it’s dark or heading outdoors when you’re warm and cozy inside (with a Netflix marathon on, no less) is a trying task. To break down those lazy girl barriers and get your butt back in top gear, a little extra motivation is definitely in order — and we’ll take ours in the form of stylish fitness duds — high-octane pullovers, strappy sports bras and chic sneakers. If the bright hues and It-girl details don’t inspire you to get your sweat on, we don’t know what will.
1. Zara Hooded Mesh Jacket ($60): Don’t even try to deny the appeal of this sunny yellow stunner. Whether you’re headed to the studio or busting out your morning run, the bold color and modern styling delivers the punch of energy your tired routine needs.
2. Free People Solid Chic Bra ($48): When the excuses start to roll off your tongue, allow this sassy, berry-hued bra to give you the boost you need. You’ve got this, girl. The Insta-worthy back and swoon-inducing hue make it the perfect piece for fitness and fashion enthusiasts alike.
3. Victoria Sport The Everywhere Capri ($50): Minimalists, rejoice! Scene-stealing workout duds don’t have to involve neon or too-sassy graphics. These color-block bottoms feel right in line with your pared-down sensibilities, with muted asymmetric panels delivering just the right amount of visual intrigue.
4. Free People Time Out Crop ($58): “It’s too cold” is no longer a valid excuse with this cool-girl crop on standby. Layer it over a tank and high-waisted leggings for an early morning sweat sesh or afternoon of hiking.
5. Athleta All Nylon Bag ($72): Tote or trusty backpack? You get to decide. With its clean lines and convertible shape, this wear-any-which-way sack will win you major style points at your next boot camp class. Fill it up with all your workout beauty essentials and proceed to hit the gym in style.
6. Outdoor Voices Colorblock Athena Crop ($50): Where you lead, this modern color-block bra will follow. On the field or on the mat, its flexible compression fabric and impeccable good looks will help you hustle on through.
7. Old Navy Go-Dry High-Rise Printed Compression Crops ($30): A killer workout starts with a great pair of leggings, and these jewel-toned bottoms are guaranteed to get you up and running (or dancing, or namaste-ing).
8. Free People Training Tank ($48): That back though. Criss-cross detailing and natural sweat-wicking performance material will keep you cool and looking fly during your toughest workouts — something we can totally get behind.
9. Zara Silver Shorts ($23): Minimalist, modern and downright DDG all rolled into one — that’s what these quicksilver shorts bring to the table. They’re the perfect match for a tough HIIT session or a tennis match with your best mate.
10. Victoria Sport High Neck Mesh Sport Bra ($20): Let your on-point style rule supreme as you crush those jump squats and pike-up planks. The semi-sheer style is just as practical as it is chic, making the transition from studio to street totally flawless.
11. FP Movement x Onzie Mantra Legging ($70): These printed mesh panel leggings are too good to keep stashed in your gym bag. Bust ‘em out with an oversized shirt dress, leather jacket and menswear-inspired kicks for an elevated athleisure look.
12. Vero Moda Color Block Sweatshirt ($36): Don’t let your style sensibilities down when pumping out that warmup. This color-block beauty wards off too-cool temps and will motivate you to get moving. For an extra punch of panache, team with ultra bright sneakers and a metallic gym bag.
13. Alo Yoga Vixen Fitted Muscle Tank ($62): As a bonafide girlboss, you don’t mess around — and that’s whether you’re crunching numbers or killin’ it in spin class. This laser-cut tank totally gets you, girl, with its don’t-mess aesthetic and ready-for-anything vibe.
14. Silence + Noise Adeline Satin Track Pant ($69): These cropped bottoms pull serious double duty, doing your style proud both in and outside the studio. When you’re not dominating a squat challenge, slip them on with a rib knit turtleneck, statement ankle boots and an of-the-moment cross-body bag for an off-duty look that’s equal parts lazy-girl effortless and It-girl cool.
15. Oiselle Tripoli Seamless Long Sleeve ($66): Stand out from the crowd come race day with a vibrant coral compression top that fuses form and function for an all-around fierce look. Matching kicks are obligatory.
16. Zara Semi-Transparent Sports Top ($16): So much sass. To say we’re swooning hard for this semi-sheer crop would be an understatement. The breezy mesh panel will keep you cool at the height of your workout, and just might inspire you to hold that plank a little bit longer.
17. Free People Movement Dharma Tank ($28): If you thought nailing that 5K was goals, you haven’t seen this OMG-worthy tank yet. Tossed over a bright crop top or sports bra, the perfectly knotted topper is a serious stunner.
18. H&M Windproof Running Jacket ($50): This high-shine jacket practically defines fitspiration. Be a boss by rocking it on your morning run while turning heads in the process.
19. Free People Ballet Bra ($58): Whether you’re mastering dhanurasana or going hard in booty bootcamp, this perfectly poised bra will keep you looking calm, cool and collected. Style it alongside high-waisted leggings and metallic sneakers for a fit-for-the-runway ensemble.
20. Without Walls Crisscross Legging ($69): Hustle and flow takes on a whole new meaning with these bad boys in tow. Featuring strappy cut outs and moisture-wicking fabric, they practically scream “I’ve got this.” After working on your fitness, toss on a sleek metallic jacket or statement sweater for brunch with the besties.
21. Topshop Satin Quilt Gym Bag ($55): Luxe satin lifts this classic gym duffle higher, taking your in-transit style straight into Insta-worthy territory. Consider it the athleisure answer to your everyday It bag — sling it over your shoulder pre and post workout, then watch as the compliments come rolling in.
22. Free People Kristin Sports Bra ($68): The edgy design of this not-your-average sports bra has us wishing we had a celeb-studded workout class on the agenda. The unexpected style feels right on cue for a hip hop class or vigorous vinyasa flow, but we’re loving the idea of rocking this scene-stealing topper for our next GNO.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)