7 Ways to Get Your Booty in Shape With Your Besties
You already know the benefits of regular exercise. But let’s be real: Even with some of the best tips and tricks out there, some days it can be hard to find motivation to break a sweat. If that’s the case, it’s time to grab your girlfriends and try out a new exercise class. Studies show that working out in pairs provides additional support, plus running a few laps is way better when you’re gossiping with your BFFs. Scroll on for seven classes that will make working out fun for you and your besties.
1. Masala Bhangra: If you and your friends are Zumba regulars, you’re going to want to switch it up with Masala Bhangra. This Indian dance-inspired class is a colorful and fun cardio workout. The high-energy classes are offered at studios in New York, or you can host a workout party at home with their DVD. (via @masalabhangra)
2. Soulcycle: Sweating it out in a dark room surrounded by a large group of people while loud music is playing sounds more like Friday night at a club than a workout class, but trust us: You and your friends will feel much better after a trip to SoulCycle. The class prides itself on harnessing the “energy of the pack,’ making it the perfect group exercise activity. (via @soulcycle)
3. Barre: Whether or not you were a budding ballerina growing up, barre is the perfect workout to try with a group of girlfriends. It’s a low-impact cardio workout, but we would be lying if we said it isn’t a challenge. The workout is a total body transformation, and the concentration involved leads to the mental benefits similarly obtained from yoga or meditation. (via @popphysique)
4. Hoopnotica: This fitness trend is a throwback to one of our favorite childhood pastimes. Get ready for a fun, full-body workout that is sure to help strengthen your core. They offer classes out of their Venice Beach studio, but if you live outside of CA you can still grab your bestie and take one of their numerous online courses. (via @hoopnotica)
5. Aerial Yoga: Are you a yogi looking to try something different? Aerial yoga is a series of exercises inspired by yoga, Pilates and aerial acrobatics performed in a hammock for a full-body workout. Get closer, become spiritually uplifted and learn something new. (via @upflyingyoga)
6. Yoga Dance Therapy: Unlike traditional yoga, yoga dance therapy focuses on movement rather than concentrating on poses or technique. It provides the benefits of a workout without the competition, making it a friendly atmosphere. (via @yogaonesandiego)
7. Bootcamp: Okay, so bootcamp isn’t exactly a new thing, but if you’re looking to take on a regular workout routine with your friends, a bootcamp class is probably the most convenient and fun way to do so. Most gyms offer classes weekly, or you can try to find a free one and challenge each other to a tough workout. (via @barrysbootcamp)
What are some of your favorite ways to work out with your pals? Let us know in the comments!