9 Ways to Steal Zoe Saldana’s Maternity Style
Zoe Saldana is one of today’s incomparable red carpet queens. And while we’re endlessly impressed at her ability to make it work with risky silhouettes and turn one-of-a-kind styles into the next big trend, we’re even more enamored with how she keeps all of her looks next-level while she’s expecting (twins!). The Guardians of the Galaxy actress has stepped up both her on- and off-duty maternity wear in a way that proves moms-to-be really can keep looking chic, even when your bump reaches its biggest. See how YOU can copy Zoe’s 9 greatest (pregnancy style) hits in your own +1 (or 2) wardrobe, from flawless prints that amp up your basics to work-ready wonders sure to turn heads at the office.
1. Neon Glow: Zoe does not shy away from showing off her bump, as you can see with this insanely vibrant neon tunic that puts all eyes on the confident mama. Enhance your new-mom glow with a standout top like this hot pink kimono ($48) that would act as the pop of color a black jumpsuit or maxi dress needs.
2. Envy of the Office: Pregnant or not, Zoe’s haute office outfit is made for a #girlboss. Keep the look sleek with a neutral color palette + updated versions of classic wardrobe staples, namely a lapel-less ivory jacket ($96), harem-style peg pants ($35) and modern d’Orsay pumps ($70).
3. Goddess-Level Maxi: Zoe looks like a vision in long layers of chiffon. Take a cue from the starlet on how to look instantly elegant with a drapey printed dress and just a little bit of bling — the jeweled belly band on this maxi ($102) is a dreamy detail, though we’re nuts about Zoe’s cool arm cuff.
4. The New Business Casual: Zoe’s got the scoop on next season’s most versatile style: the shirt dress. Take one out for a spin at any fall occasion, like this number ($21) in a matching burgundy — make it party-ready with nude pumps and sooo many stacking rings or take it out on a weekend with espadrille flats, a cropped sweatshirt and a ball cap.
5. LBLD: There’s no better time than now to upgrade your go-to LBD, and Zoe’s frilly mom-to-be midi leaves us with just the inspo. This soft + stretchy lace dress ($68) ensures you’ll feel super comfy while you ring in the style points at any after-work event.
6. Preppy Casual: Umm… best casual maternity outfit ever? We gladly award Zoe with that accolade after she stepped out in this perfectly preppy ensemble. Invest in a striped dress ($145) that will keep you cozy + looking cool with a bump and post-baby, and style it simply with an open cardi ($35) and oversized gold-specked sunglasses ($15).
7. Body Con Mom: Zoe proves you can look totally posh with your bump on full display. Forget the relaxed-fit frocks and slip dresses that try and camouflage your figure and instead splurge on a short + chic dress ($208) that screams “take me out!”
8. Peek-a-Boo Bra: Expecting moms don’t have to fear the plunging neckline ever again. Zoe shows the right way to style out the deep V — with a super sexy full-coverage bra — and now moms-to-be have plenty of styles to pick from, like any one of these I-can’t-believe-they’re maternity bras ($39-$55) from burlesque star Dita Von Teese’s new OMG-worthy lingerie line.
9. One-and-Done: Now that overalls are totally on trend, take advantage of their easy-to-adjust features and rock a restyled pair ($148) during the first few weeks your bump grows. Zoe keeps the look classic, and while we’re obsessed, we know WE’D show off a bit more personality with a whimsical mixed stripe top ($31) and a pop-of-color crossbody bag ($130).
Which of Zoe Saldana’s so-perfect maternity looks would you totally steal? How do you stay chic while you’re styling for two (or more!)? Tell us about your maternity style hacks + inspirations in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)