Ah, winter. For our skin, it can only mean one thing: chaos. Yep, it’s that time of year when the weather wreaks havoc on our skin… dryness, irritation, breakouts. If ever our skin needs a little extra lovin’, it’s now! Today we’re helping you step up your skincare game with basic, nutrient-rich ingredients straight from your kitchen. These simple skincare recipes will nourish and pamper your skin. Bonus: They’re incredibly inexpensive!
5. DIY Lime Mint Foot Soak: The only thing more exciting than this relaxing foot soak is the cutesey printable label that comes with it. Double the recipe and treat someone special. Who doesn’t love a spa-inspired gift? (via Tidy Mom)
7. Powerful Pomegranate Toner: If pomegranates aren’t in your pantry, they should be! Pomegranates are chock-full of antioxidants. (You know, those substances that protect your skin from harmful free radicals and promote cell regeneration.) That’s two powerful reasons to get pumped about this three-ingredient toner. (via Mother Earth Living)
9. Fruit & Honey Skin Mask: Pineapple and mango collide to create this fresh, all-natural skin mask. And that might just be the most delicious-sounding skincare product we’ve ever heard of. (via Move Nourish Believe)
10. DIY Cellulite Scrub: It’s true. There is a simple, all-natural solution to reduce cellulite. It’s caffeine. (Sorry, coffee-lovers, it works only when used externally!) Banish those unsightly skin dimples with this caffeine-loaded scrub. Cellulite, be gone! (via Paula Parrish)
12. Ginger and Coconut Oil Sugar Body Scrub: In case you haven’t heard, coconut oil is the miracle ingredient for all skin conditions. Give this lovely ginger-infused version a try! (via Food for My Family)
14. Homemade Avocado Face Mask: Finally… a good use for overripe avocados! This fruit is loaded with nutrients — vitamins, minerals, oils, and proteins — that offer amazing benefits both when consumed or applied directly. (via Babble)
16. Natural Skin Care from Your Kitchen Pantry: Forget expensive and hard-to-source ingredients. Turns out, everything you need for an ideal skincare routine (four skincare hacks in one!) is right inside your pantry! Cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and moisturize with a few basic kitchen ingredients. (via Tim + Joy)
18. Magical Anti-Wrinkle Eye Oil: This anti-wrinkle eye oil is a magic little beauty potion that everyone’s excited about! We’ll prove it. Raise your hand if the phrase “anti-wrinkle” makes you happy. There ya have it. (via Bohemian Kate)
20. 2-In-1 Moisturizing Mask for Face + Hair: Double-duty products are every girl’s dream. Uber-moisturizing ingredients like avocado, honey, banana, almond milk, and almond oil combine to create this transforming face and hair mask. Throw ’em into a blender to mix, then apply and relax while the magic happens. (via Free People Blog)
21. Buttery Coconut Moisturizer: Not into exacts? Go ahead and put the measuring spoons away. That’s right, this skincare “recipe” is more of a guideline. Exact measurements don’t matter. (via Refinery 29)
Help us out! Which of these should we slather (or scrub) on first? Share your pick in the comments!