Like a classic cardigan, IKEA cabinets work with anything. You can’t beat that price tag, especially when you know replacing the bland original hardware will have a huge stylish impact. If you’re looking for an easy way to magically make over your cabinetry, get ready to raid your belt collection. DIY leather handles are the perfect IKEA hacks to transform inexpensive furniture into something modern, minimalist and totally in line with that Scandinavian interior aesthetic.
1. Kitchen Island: This super chic dresser can be a lifesaver in any kitchen, especially after you add some wheels to make it a portable island. The only way to improve it further is to outfit it with a set of stylish leather handles and roll it into your next dinner party. (via Redbook Mag)
2. Bathroom Console: Tiny powder rooms can often lack personality but with a matte black tile floor, bright Persian rug and custom leather drawer pulls, this little bathroom rocks plenty of style. Forget tugging at awkwardly placed knobs and put those leather pulls front and center. (via Amber Interiors)
3. DIY Belt Pulls: Next time you’re at a thrift store, pick up an inexpensive belt and whip up these lovely drawer pulls. If you can drill a hole, you can give your IKEA HEMNES shoe cabinet (or any other cabinet) a chic makeover in no time. (via House Tweaking)
4. DIY IKEA Vanity Hack: Turn a plain and inexpensive piece of furniture into a stunner using strips of leather. Pro tip: Use leather stain to turn your straps a rich, dark color that will make your IKEA dresser look like a million bucks. (via Amanda Katherine)
5. Floating Credenza With Gray Leather Pulls: This simple IKEA credenza gets a major upgrade with new handles. On an otherwise monochromatic media cabinet, light leather tabs add just the right amount of color and texture.
6. Chic Bathroom: If you have really long drawers, sometimes a single knob just looks out of place. Add an organic, modern look to your basic bathroom cabinets by making generous handles out of a leather belt. (via Dust Jacket)
7. IKEA Wood Cabinets: This chic wooden cabinet was created by covering a plain IKEA bench with laminate floor tiles. Replace the handles with leather pulls for a modern look. (via Living Four Seasons)
8. DIY Dresser Hack: Chunky leather pulls are the perfect solution for making inexpensive furniture look impressive. If you don’t want to drill holes just fold a two-inch wide strip of leather and nail it to the top of the drawer with two gold nails. (via Sugar & Cloth)
9. DIY Nightstand Hack: The MALM dresser is fantastic for giving three huge drawers’ worth of storage next to the bed, but the white cabinet fronts aren’t the prettiest things to look at. Warmer elements like leather (in the form of these long statement handles) and gold hardware help bring the room together. (via The White Buffalo Styling Co.)
10. Chic Changing Table: Adding leather elements to the nursery brings an simple, gender-neutral room to life. Style the IKEA HEMNES dresser with leather handles for easy access when your arms are full. (via Apartment Therapy)
11. IKEA Kitchen Hack: Why stop at the dresser when you can add leather handles to your entire kitchen? You can’t beat the price of an IKEA kitchen, and once you add a touch of leather and copper you’ll have the most Pinterest-perfect space you could imagine. (via Lonny)
Do you have an IKEA cabinet that could use a set of leather pulls? If you’re looking for more creative hacks and DIYs, make sure to follow us on Pinterest!