Babies are tiny, but somehow their stuff manages to take up a lot of space and can be very expensive. IKEA is great for its affordable options and modern style, but sometimes you want something with a bit more personality and color for decorating your nursery. Our very own Brit rocked the DIY nursery for her little guy with lots of creative and colorful touches, and you can too. Whether you want a colorful changing table or some more interesting options for displaying those teeny tiny shoes, IKEA hacks are the solution for your dream nursery.
3. Gray and Pink: Convert an IKEA dresser into a stylish changing table. The open shelving is a great way to display favorite books and toys and keep them still within reach of little arms. (via Made By Girl)
4. Nursery Wardrobe Shelf: Starting with an IKEA wall shelf, just screw a rail to the bottom for a super easy but clever hack. Books and decor go up top, and clothing on the bottom for a piece that does double duty. (via Apartment Therapy)
6. Bar Cart: Keep that changing table organized by turning the classic IKEA bar cart into a diaper caddy. You can also paint it in whatever color you want to fit into your nursery decor. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. Vertical Bookshelf: If there isn’t room for a bookshelf, hang magazine racks on the wall for book storage. This vertical book shelf also doubles as wall art, because kids’ books have the prettiest covers. (via Joy Ever After)
11. Turn It on Its Side: Can you spot the hack in this colorful circus nursery? For the window seat they used an IKEA bookshelf, added some legs and made a cushion for the top. They also used bin containers and painted circus numbers with stencils. (via How Joyful)
16. Green Accents: A basic Molger painted bright green is a fun way to store all those stuffed animals where little ones can easily access (and put away!) all their favorite toys. (via Donkey and the Carrot)
17. Rocking Chair: Can you believe this is the Strandmon chair hacked into a rocker? For the ambitious DIYer, this post will explain the process of making this beautiful rocker for your own nursery. (via Explore Dream Discover)
18. Golden Shelves: Use shelves of reclaimed wood and paint IKEA shelf brackets to make these elegant bookshelves perfect for lots of #shelfies with all those adorable baby accessories. (via Lay Baby Lay)
19. Bold Pop: Even a nursery needs some color, and this changing table will definitely make those 3am changings a little bit better. Paint an IKEA dresser your favorite color and play around with mismatched knobs for a bit of extra fun. (via A Beautiful Mess)
What is your favorite nursery IKEA hack? Share your tricks and hacks in the comments below!