When you saw the first sonogram, your heart melted. Everything changed when you became a parent, including a newfound love for everything baby and a to-do list that would realistically take longer than nine months to complete. Now that you’ve shared the big news, nailed the perfect name and filled baby’s closet with gorgeous goodies, it’s time to talk about the nursery. Lucky for all overwhelmed parents-to-be out there, we’re here to help with some sweet nursery ideas that sent us into adorable overload. And the best part? They’re all DIY-able. Get ready to welcome your little one into the world with the dreamiest baby digs ever DIYed.
2. DIY Cloud Garland: It doesn’t get much dreamier than a dozen fluffy little clouds, blissfully strung garland-style to grace the wall over baby’s crib. Haven’t you heard? Counting clouds is the new best way to lull baby to sleep. (via Blissfully Blessed)
5. DIY Dipped Tree Trunk Table: Okay, is it weird that we want to put this in our room instead of the nursery? This tree trunk table gives baby’s room a bit of rustic yet modern charm. It will only cost you a few bucks to make this gorgeously rustic piece. (via Couture and Turbulences)
7. Poster from a Photograph: Channel your inner artist and follow this tutorial to paint your baby’s portrait. It’s easier than it looks, and you’ll feel like Picasso when it’s complete. (via Patent Pending)
8. DIY Loch Ness: It’s a sweet stuffy that might be a bit big for baby now, but don’t worry; he’ll be riding it in no time. In the meantime, it’s a pretty cute toy to dress up the nursery. (via We Lived Happily Ever After)
10. Moon Cradle from Pallets: If you’ve managed to salvage some wood pallets you can pull off this stunning upcycle. How can baby not enjoy sweet dreams when lulled to sleep in a moon cradle? (via 1001 Pallets)
13. DIY Nursery Door Latch Cover: You’re already facing years of sleep deprivation (sorry to break it to ya), so when every spare minute of sleep counts, make sure nothing stands in the way of baby getting fully rested — not even a door latch! If you’re serious about keeping your sanity, make this door latch cover, like yesterday. This DIY keeps everyone happy. (via Practically Functional)
17. DIY Rope Shelving: Okay, we know you’re getting an “I need that” gleam in your eye already. You’ve probably already planned out the perfect spot in your home for this rope shelf. It’d even be okay if it’s not in your nursery. (via Simply Grove)
18. DIY Baby Monogram: For that oopsie moment when you realize you totally forgot to snag a gift for your friend’s baby shower, there’s always this DIY. Everyone loves a personalized present. (via Love Meaghan)
22. DIY Nursery Shelf: Some moms may tell you to throw out all ideas of organization after baby’s arrival. But we think it’s okay to have high aspirations. Get off to a great start and show all your friends you’re clearly super-mom with this super-efficient and orderly shelf. This DIY comes in at under $20, too. (via Fresh Mommy Blog)
23. DIY Giraffe Nursery Art: Before experiencing the joy of 2 a.m. feedings and wearing your favorite top covered in spit-up, there are things to do. This quirky DIY giraffe art needs to be at the top of your priority list. (via Make It and Love It)
What are you DIY-ing to create dreamy digs for your baby? Gush about your hand-made goodies in the comments below.