New year, new you, right? No, we’re not talking about those New Year’s fitness resolutions. We’re talking about your hair. Instead of heading to your hair stylist for a ho-hum trim, why not start the year off fresh with something totally different?
If you’re not quite ready for a pixie, don’t sweat it. It’s not even 2015 yet and the medium haircut has already been deemed the style to have in the coming year. Hop on board the shoulder-length train and take one of these pics to the salon for your next chop.
2. Baby Bob: T. Swift’s shorter ‘do has us totally forgetting about those long, luxurious locks of yesteryear. This length has popped up on everyone from Jennifer Lawrence to Beyoncé this year. It was big in 2014, but we’re guessing it’s about to explode in 2015. (via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Ultra Basic Baby Bob: A little more blunt than Taylor Swift’s hair, supermodel Abbey Lee Kershaw’s version of the bob is slightly sleeker, with clean-cut, straight bangs. To keep this look from feeling a little too American Girl Doll-like, tousle it up a bit and secure with hair spray. (via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
5. Long and Layered: This style from Emma Watson dates all the way back to 2009, but it looks just as good now as it did then. If you’re looking for a longer style, or working on growing your hair out, this layered look isgreat way to get through that in-between phase. (via Stephen Lovekin/Getty)
8. Long and Lean: We’re loving this simple cut that’s on the longer end of the medium-length spectrum. If the simplicity of this cut isn’t working on your face, spice it up a bit with some sweet side bangs like Emma Stone’s. (via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
9. Blunt Bob: Blunt, easy and totally chic, this cut is a no brainer. Requiring minimal styling (it looks best when a little bed head is involved), a one-length bob is a perfect choice for winter – and summer, spring and fall. (via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Angled Lob: Similar to the blunt bob pictured above, fashion maven Olivia Palermo’s cut is a little bit longer and slightly more angled. If the previous option is just a little too basic for you, here’s how to get a similar feel with a little more styling. (via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
11. Layered Locks: Take Emma Stone’s look and add even more to it with longer face-framing layers instead of side bangs and shorter layers throughout. (via Jason Kempin/Getty)
12. Center Parted and Shaggy: Grab some velvet marsala trousers and channel your inner ’70s gal with this shaggy, center-parted cut. Almost famous? No way, you’ll be an A-list superstar in this cut. (via Jason Merritt/Getty)
14. Short and Sweet: Queen of the medium cut, Alexa Chung has sported several copy-worthy variations, but this newest look she recently debuted is one of our faves. A little cleaner than her classic, shaggy cut, it’s low maintenance and totally chic. (via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
15. Blunt Bangs: Consider this cut a hybrid of Taylor Swift’s new bob and Alexa Chung’s trademark shaggy bangs. Put the two together and you get this adorable combination. (via Ian Gavan/Getty)
16. Parting Party: If bangs aren’t your thing, make your simple shoulder cut stand out by adding in a dramatic part. (via Jason Merritt/Getty)
17. Medium Length Magic: This cut (very similar to one of Gwyneth Paltrow’s best ‘dos) is pretty blunt, but spiced up with some chin length layers and chunky front bangs. (via Jason Merritt/Getty)
18. Dark Drama: Mix the exaggerated part and shorter layered bob, and what do you get? Olivia Munn’s adorable ‘do. (via David Livingston/Getty)
Are you thinking about chopping your locks in 2015? Which variation is your favorite?