Kristen pulls a Katy and the world celebrates International Women’s Day in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below in the Morning Buzz!
1. And we thought Katy Perry made some drastic hair changes this week! Kristen Stewart showed off an edgy new buzzed-n’-bleached look at the Personal Shopper premiere last night, just a day after showing up at another event with a sleek brunette bob. “What a difference a day makes #kristenstewart so punk” her makeup artist Jillian Dempsey wrote in an Instagram caption, while hairdresser Bridget Brager said they simply “tried something a little different today.” We LOVE it. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images)
2. Happy International Women’s Day! Whether you’re participating in the National Day Without Women or more quietly showing your appreciation for the amazing women in history and in your life, take a moment to check out today’s Google Doodle, which today “celebrates some of the female pioneers who paved the way to where we are today.” (Image via Google)
3. Jessica Simpson is serving major Dukes of Hazzard throwback vibes in her latest ads. The former Daisy Duke herself posted a pic of her hairstylist selfie-ing in front of the ad, which features Simpson modelling her new denim line, one inspired by travel and trying to evoke “an American girl hit[ting] the road — postcards from California, Texas, Florida,” according to a press release. Looking good, Jess!
4. Ed Sheeran admits it’s “very easy” to hook up with Taylor Swift’s squad. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Sheeran basically calls his friend Swift an amazing wingwoman, saying that when he toured with her on her Speak Now tour, he had some fun with some of her friends. “Taylor’s world is celebrity,” he explained. “I was this 22-year-old awkward British kid going on tour with the biggest artist in America, who has all these famous mates. It was very easy. I would often find myself in situations just kind of waking up and looking over and being like, ‘How the f**k did that happen?'” Sheeran is now of course happily maybe-married to his girlfriend Cherry Seaborn. (Photo via Anna Webber/Getty)
5. The Cash Me Ousside girl’s Instagram account has been hacked and is posting SUPER creepy videos. Uh, WTF is happening? The Instagram account belonging to Danielle Bregoli — aka the Cash Me Ousside Dr. Phil meme teen — had its profile photo and bio changed and began posting super weird videos last night. The ominous messages slam Bregoli for her behavior and promise more will happen, including unspecified “leaks.” Bregoli set up a new account and didn’t seem too fazed by the hack.
6. Quote of the day: “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a third power stronger than both, that of women.” Happy International Women’s Day from Malala Yousafzai (and, of course, from us)!
Are you doing anything to recognize International Women’s Day? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)