From a historical political moment to a memorable mother-daughter one, here are six of today’s top news stories to check out.
1. Hillary Clinton was *officially* nominated as the Democratic candidate last night, becoming the first female to get the nomination for president of the United States. Ever. Though it might feel a little anti-climactic (you mean she wasn’t already the nominee?!) because this election has been going on for literally ever, it was a historical moment, one that got Lena Dunham and America Ferrera emotional AF. “The moment it became real,” Lena captured an Instagram of her and America wiping tears away. The two were on hand to speak in support of Hillary, along with the HILARIOUS Elizabeth Banks (who even made a music video for the DNC) and many others, and while the star-studded affair led to plenty show-stealing moments, it was Hillary herself who shone the most. “If there are any little girls out there who stayed up late to watch, let me just say, I may be the first woman president but one of you is next.” CHILLS.
2. Beyoncé and Blue Ivy are totally twinning in this ultimate matching mother-daughter outfit. Jay and Bey (and of course little Blue) have been taking some time to enjoy Paris while wrapping up the European leg of Bey’s Formation tour, and the new photos posted to Beyoncé’s website have proved a treasure trove of goodies. Not only is one snap of Bey and Jay causing Twitter LOLs because of Jay Z being an “Instagram husband,” but several pictures of Beyoncé and Blue Ivy in matching dresses posing in front of the Eiffel Tower became immediate wardrobe (um, and life) goals. Adorable.
3. Did Ed Sheeran secretly get married?! You might remember the portion of Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party that was dedicated to her engaged — or at least happily coupled — friends, the latter of which included ol’ pal Ed Sheeran and his GF Cherry Seaborn. Ed has taken a break from social media since December, but a new photo posted by a friend of his shows what COULD be a wedding ring on *that* finger, causing people to think he went and got hitched during his hiatus. But as one super observant fan has pointed out, he’s worn the same (or at least a very similar-looking) ring before, just on a different finger, so there might not be any need to jump to conclusions just yet.
4. Mila Kunis continues to be total maternity style goals. Welp, guess that new short ‘do wasn’t the real deal after all, unless Mila’s now rocking silky extensions to add some length again! Her hair looked as amazing as her Atelier Versace dress and those knock-out nude and red heels at the Bad Moms premiere. Mila has been making the press rounds for the movie this week, and if you haven’t already seen it, go watch this video of her divulging details about husband Ashton Kutcher’s, ahem, private parts. Now. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
5. The countdown to The Hills special is SO ON. A trailer for the new Hills special That Was Then, This Is Now has surfaced, and in it, Lauren Conrad promises to “take a look back at the show and reveal things that we haven’t talked about before.” The clip reveals both just enough to get us excited and yet just so little as to be a terrible tease. August 2 can’t come soon enough!
6. Quote of the day: “No one deserves to be the target of abuse on Twitter. We haven’t been good enough at ensuring that’s the case, and we need to do better.” Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey speaks out to investors after Leslie Jones’ recent high-profile case of Twitter abuse.
Will you watch the The Hills special? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Alex Wong/Getty)