From some blinding bling to seriously sweet (literally) nostalgia, check out six of this morning’s top news stories below!
1. Serena KNOWS people have been dying to see her engagement ring from Alexis Ohanian, and after trolling fans on her Instagram with a joke pic of a taco ring, she’s finally showing off the bling. In a — you guessed it — Reddit post, Serena posted a pic of her and Alexis all dressed up, posing in a romantic alley, and with her hand placed ever so conveniently on his chest, showing us the ring. It’s hard to see it in detail, but one thing’s for sure — that rock is huge. And because Serena isn’t quite done trolling people yet, she titled the Reddit post “engagement shoe game.” And when she posted the pic on her own Instagram, she photoshopped the taco ring in place of the real thing anyway. LOL. (Photo via Serena Williams/Reddit)
2. Fifth Harmony have shared their first official photo as a foursome and it’s gorge, but also totally sad. After the sudden and unexpected departure (or was it a dismissal?) of Camila Cabelo from the group last month, the remaining members have released a racy red pic with the simple caption “Twenty seventeen.” Sob.
3. Who knew the secret to Uncle Jesse’s perfect hair was DIY haircuts? John Stamos spent some time in a Berlin hotel room tidying up his famous mane recently, and firing off the perfect Boomerang of it in the process. Teach us your secrets, Uncle Jesse!
4. OMG, this Sprinkles Cupcakes collab will have ’80s kids crying with joy. To celebrate 35 years of the Care Bears, the cupcake bakery is celebrating with absolutely adorbs fondant cupcake toppers picturing your fave classic Care Bears, like Cheer Bear, pictured on their Insta. From January 5-25, if you also mention secret “whisper words” that Sprinkles and Care Bears unveil on social media, you’ll get extra goodies with your purchase. Too cute! (h/t PopSugar)
5. Planned Parenthood is taking powerful action to fight against the GOP’s defunding of their services. On Thursday, after House Speaker Paul Ryan announced that Republicans will indeed push to remove all federal funding for Planned Parenthood, the organization sent a series of powerful tweets, saying they will “fight like hell” to make sure that people — some of whom have no other healthcare options — have access to care. This fight is far from over.
6. Quote of the day: “Now, I don’t have a goal in mind. I get to a certain weight and I’m okay, and say, ‘This is where I want to be. Hang in there. I’ll get there when I get there.’ And my body will tell me when I am exactly where I need to be.” Oprah shares the secret to her 42lb weight loss on Weight Watchers — letting go of being tied to a number and instead looking at healthy eating as a lifestyle. (h/t E! News)
Have you ever struggled with weight loss? Let us know your approach over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Theo Wargo/Getty)