The Most Iconic Celebrity Engagement Instagrams Ever
Thanks to social media, we get a peep into the lives of celebrities like never before. Now, engagement announcements don’t just happen in newspapers (though it’s pretty charming, Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie). Instead, we turn to Instagram to get the skinny on who in Hollywood is saying “I do.” Affianced celebs are oftentimes as excited to share their news (and pics of the ring!) with their fans as much as their families. We’ve rounded up some of the sweetest and most stylish “we’re engaged!” celeb Instas ever.
1. Karlie Kloss and Josh Kushner: The newest to join the list, the supermodel-turned-coder and her entrepreneur fiancé became engaged in upstate New York in the summer of 2018. However, they didn’t break the news to the public until recently with a pair of sweet Instagrams. Kloss posted a photo of her puckering up for her longtime love, writing,”I love you more than I have words to express. Josh, you’re my best friend and my soulmate. I can’t wait for forever together. Yes a million times over.” We’re not crying; our eyes are just sweating.
2. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: Now the parents of three adorable kiddos, the beauty mogul and musician’s epic engagement is one for the history books. West rented all of AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, and flashed the words “PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!” across the big screen in October 2013. He presented Kardashian with a 15-carat bauble, which the reality star showed off on Instagram with the equally enthusiastic caption, “YES!!!”
3. Anna Camp and Skylar Astin: The Pitch Perfect co-stars got engaged in January 2016 after meeting on set in 2012. Astin proposed with a cushion cut sparkler featuring a halo and pavé band. The pair wed in September of 2016 and continue to be adorable together to this day.
4. Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber: Bieber and Baldwin originally dated briefly in 2016 and reconnected sometime in the first half of 2018. The “Friends” singer got down on one knee while vacationing with his lady love in the Bahamas in July 2018, and as it goes, TMZ beat the pair to the punch with the news. Nonetheless, Bieber confirmed the engagement on his Instagram a day later writing, “Was gonna wait a while to say anything but word travels fast, listen plain and simple Hailey I am soooo in love with everything about you! So committed to spending my life getting to know every single part of you loving you patiently and kindLY.”
5. Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade: The couple began dating in 2010, and the proposal was an affair orchestrated by the entire family. Wade’s two sons from a previous marriage and his nephew jointly proposed to Union in December 2013, and of course, she said yes. Union then shared an image of her massive cushion-cut solitaire on her Instagram, writing coyly, “Sooooo this happened…” The actress and her NBA star wed in August 2014.
6. Miranda Kerr and Evan Spiegel: The former Victoria’s Secret Angel started dating the Snapchat founder after meeting him at a Louis Vuitton dinner a number of years ago. The then-26-year-old tech CEO asked the Kora Skincare founder to marry him in July of 2016. Kerr’s Instagram post included not only a close-up of her glittering round diamond flanked by two baguettes but also Bitmoji (which Snapchat owns) figures of the couple. They wed in their backyard a year later in an intimate 50-person ceremony and welcomed a baby boy, Hart, in May 2018.
7. Lea Michele and Zandy Reich: In April 2018, the Glee alum shared a blinding photo of her massive four-carat elongated radiant cut stone surrounded by a halo with the simple word “Yes” with her 5.1 million followers. The actress and the AYR clothing company president went public with their relationship in July 2017.
8. Cherry Seaborn and Ed Sheeran: Despite usually keeping quiet about his personal life, the British singer couldn’t help himself when he announced to the world that he was engaged to his sweetheart Cherry Seaborn in January 2018. “Got myself a fiancé just before new year. We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well xx,” he captioned a heart-melting ‘gram of him embracing his fiancée and placing a peck on her cheek.
9. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: This was an Instagram engagement announcement of royal proportions. While Prince Harry never had an Instagram (that we knew of anyway) and Markle no longer has hers, the announcement was made by @KensingtonRoyal, the younger family members’ official account. In possibly the most formal “we’re engaged” social media post ever, the Palace confirmed on November 17 the pair were to be wed. The much-awaited nuptials went down May 2018.
10. Lauren Conrad and William Tell: The reality star-turned-lifestyle guru was completely astonished when her lawyer boyfriend proposed in October 2013. Her now iconic Instagram post featured a classic round solitaire on a gold band, along with a diamond-studded Love ring by Sydney Evans and a polished red mani. The two are now the parents of one-year-old Liam.
11. Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas: The DNCE frontman and his Game of Thrones girlfriend surprised the world when they disclosed their engagement via Instagram in October 2017. The two started dating in late 2016, and Jonas asked Turner to marry him with a gorgeous double-shank ring set with a hefty pear-shaped diamond.
12. Ciara and Russell Wilson: The singer and the NFL player found their happily ever on a beach in Seychelles when the Seahawks quarterback proposed in March 2016. “Since Day 1 knew you were the one,” Wilson shared in a video on his account while the “Body Party” singer posted this stunning photo of the happy moment on her page. “I Feel Complete,” she wrote with a heart emoji. The duo said “I do” in a fairytale ceremony four months later and welcomed their daughter, Sienna Princess Wilson, in April 2017.
13. Gigi Gorgeous and Nats Getty: The YouTube personality and her heiress girlfriend have the most epic proposal post… possibly ever. After dating for two years, Getty gave the beauty guru the marriage proposal you only hear about in stories in March 2018. Fireworks? Check. Helicopter ride to a French chateau? Check. “Will You Marry Me?” projected in lights? Check. Gorgeous shared a video of their moment on Instagram, and you’ll definitely want to check it out.
Which one is your favorite? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Gotham/GC Images)