Even if the weather outside is frightful, there are still plenty of delightful ways to make nature a beautiful part of your winter wedding. Whether you’ll be braving the cold or keeping cozy indoors, you can never go wrong by using pinecones, pomegranates, berry sprigs and greenery to dress up your ceremony and reception venues, or even bring an unconventional look to your headpiece or bridal bouquet. Warm some hearts while saying “I do” to these 15 magical ideas for hosting a wow-worthy winter affair.
1. Evergreen Crown + Garland: Non-traditional brides will love rocking an evergreen wreath and garland instead of the usual flower crown or veil. Want to take it to the next level? Talk with your photographer about scheduling a pre-wedding boudoir shoot as a great way to surprise your partner with pictures both naughty and nice. (Photo via Jacque Lynn Photography)
4. Wood Stump Ceremony Backdrop: A ceremony backdrop of tree stumps and glowing candles really delivers with this woodland wonder. Wouldn’t this setup look especially lovely surrounded by freshly fallen snow? (Photo via Waterlily Pond Studio)
5. Pinecone Escort Cards: Whether displayed in their natural state or decorated with faux snow and glitter, pinecone escort cards are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at any Christmas wedding. (Photo via Isabelle Selby Photography)
6. Gold-Painted Succulent Escort Cards: Think succulents are better saved for summer weddings? Covered in gold spray paint, they’ll look just as fab during the winter. (Photo via Sonya Khegay Photography)
8. Pomegranate Place Card: Add a colorful touch to your tables by using pomegranates as innovative place card holders. The watercolor design seen here is a beautiful match for the festive fruit. (Photo via Brooke Bakken)
10. Stump Charger Plate + Cinnamon Sticks: Tree stump charger plates lend a shabby-chic look, while cinnamon sticks make for sweet treats guests can use later on (maybe when they visit the hot cocoa bar). (Photo via Jacque Lynn Photography)
13. Evergreen Chair Wreaths: As queen for the day, it’s only right to have your own wreath-adorned throne. Here, wooden bride and groom signs add an ideal finishing touch. (Photo via Jacque Lynn Photography)
15. Whimsical Woodland-Inspired Cake: Even Snow White herself would fall head over heels in love with this enchanting confection topped with tiny faux acorns, mushrooms and birds. (Photo via Lauren Fair Photography)
How will you make nature a part of your winter wedding? Share some magical ideas below.