10 Sweet + Sexy Boudoir Pics for Your Wedding Day (or V-Day!)
If you’re looking for a romantic gift that’s sweet, sassy and totally on-trend, a sexy set of boudoir photos might be just the thing your sweetie needs. We talked to Damien Smith, the award-winning Los Angeles photographer behind Damien Smith Photography, and he told us, “It’s something that’s a bit ‘taboo,’ and that makes it even more fun.” Whether you’re already planning a Valentine’s Day shoot or are saving the idea for your wedding day, these 10 photos — from subtly sultry to sublimely siren-esque — are sure to inspire.
1. Sugar + Spice: If you’re going for a look that’s more playful than racy, candy-colored lingerie and a polka-dot apron can add a special dose of fun. Yummy-looking cupcakes definitely don’t hurt either. (via Veraya Thavilyati Photography)
2. Beauty Unveiled: “Getting ready” pictures are a wedding-day must. Make yours extra special by letting your photographer capture a few boudoir-style images. Or, Damien says, schedule a session ahead of time and give your spouse a racy photobook as a wedding-night gift. (via Amie Pendle Photography)
4. Super Sweet Valentine: Cook up some fun this Valentine’s Day by whipping together a creative boudoir shoot that’s just oozing with sparkle and sweets. One secret to a perfectly planned photo session? Damien suggests meeting with your photographer in person beforehand to hash out all the juicy details. (via Courtney Lindberg Photography)
5. Great Outdoors: Give your boudoir shoot a daring and unexpected twist by taking things outdoors. This session, featuring a veil and bouquet, reminds us of a trash-the-dress shoot, just without the actual, um, dress. (via Lara Hotz)
7. Streaming Sunlight: Creative props are fun, but sometimes it’s the simplest images that end up being the most beautiful. Just be sure to choose a photographer you’re comfortable with, Damien advises, and then relax, relax, relax. (via Voncierge)
8. Work It: Props don’t have to be as elaborate as frosted cupcakes — anything from a pen to a book can easily work. This photo shows off that you’ve got beauty and brains to share. (via Revealed Studios)
9. Divine Drama: From rocking a chic updo to slipping on a glam necklace, have fun dialing up the drama when it comes to your look. Hire a professional makeup artist, advises Damien, and also be sure to get plenty of rest the night before. (via Craig LaMere)
10. Bachelorette Bash: Want to throw a bachelorette party your bestie will never forget? Skip the traditional bar hopping and schedule a group boudoir session for the ultimate girls’-night-in. (via Admire Studios)
What do you think of boudoir shoots? Share your thoughts and creative ideas below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)