Flower crowns and boho looks may be hot right now, but there’s nothing quite like the beauty of a classic veil for your big walk down the aisle. Ever timeless and elegant, veils have long been a traditional favorite, and with everyone from Kate Middleton to Kim Kardashian rocking them for their big days, they’ve also become a celebrity trend in recent years. Thinking about wearing one yourself? Here to help get your wheels turning are 12 celebrity-inspired veils. Find your fave, and get ready to be the star of your own show.
1. Kim Kardashian-Inspired Veil ($1,000): When Kim Kardashian and Kanye West tied the knot in Florence this past weekend, no one could take their eyes off of her stunning Givenchy gown. We of course loved it too, along with her show-stopping cathedral-length veil. You can create your own version of the look by stepping out in a handmade veil featuring ultra-wide French Alencon lace.
2. Kate Middleton-Inspired Veil ($200): Ever since Kate Middleton went from “commoner” to future queen during the wedding of the century (so far!), her Grace Kelly-inspired look has been admired by brides the world over. Take a lesson from the down-to-earth duchess by foregoing a cathedral-length veil for a fingertip style that’s simple yet beautiful.
3. Kate Moss-Inspired Veil ($275): We can’t decide what we love more about Kate Moss’ veil, the pretty sprigs of flowers or the boho chic way she wore it as a cap! Channel her ultra-cool vibe by choosing an embroidered blush veil that also adds just the slightest hint of color.
4. Anne Hathaway-Inspired Veil ($290): She wowed the world as Fantine in Les Mis and also in photos from her gorgeous 2012 wedding. While you can easily copy Anne’s look by pairing a headband and the veil of your choosing, one that already features a unique headpiece made with rhinestones offers modern brides a slightly more original spin. We’re 100 percent loving the beautiful ombre gown, too!
5. Danielle Fishel-Inspired Veil ($85): We are totally counting down the days until we can see Cory and Topanga reunite on new spinoff Girl Meets World! Steal Danielle’s idea for a short and sweet wedding veil to create a look that’s classy yet laid-back.
6. Michelle Obama-Inspired Veil ($148): Michelle Obama had style we wanted to steal way before she was First Lady, Michelle Obama! For her big day with Barack, she went with a timelessly elegant bridal style, complete with a simple yet dramatic veil.
7. Gwen Stefani-Inspired Veil ($55): A classic veil contrasts beautifully with an over-the-top-awesome dress like this one worn by the always cool Gwen Stefani.
8. Jessica Biel-Inspired Veil ($165): Blush gowns were gaining momentum when Jessica Biel wore one on her wedding day back in 2012, and they’re still trending now. Take the look even farther by adding a rose-tinted veil to channel a vibe that’s both feminine and modern.
9. Miranda Lambert-Inspired Veil ($49): The birdcage veil, worn in recent years by celebrities like Miranda Lambert and Katherine Heigl, provides a great alternative for brides who don’t want to completely break with tradition but are also envisioning a more vintage vibe.
10. Molly Sims-Inspired Veil ($325): Supermodel Molly Sims was a vision of beauty on her wedding day, and you can be too by completing your look with a scalloped fingertip veil.
11. Elizabeth Banks-Inspired Veil ($40): Whether she’s doing voiceovers for a LEGO character, staring as Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games or walking down the aisle on her wedding day, we just love Elizabeth Banks. Something else we love? Her chic elbow-length veil.
12. Kim Kardashian-Inspired Veil ($285): We started with her, and we’re ending with her. As much as we adored her latest bridal look, we also loved the glam headband and cathedral-length veil Kim stepped out in at her wedding with Kris Humphries back in 2011. Even if you can’t exactly afford a custom creation like Kim’s, choosing a veil that starts out simple at the top and features dramatic embroidery farther down? Yup, guaranteed wow factor.
Would you rock a veil on your big day? What about one inspired by a celeb! We won’t tell ;) Tell us what you think below!