10 Kickstarters This Week That Are Giving Us Heart Eyes
After what felt like an extraordinarily long work week, we can’t wait to plop on the couch and zone out on our smartphones (and yes, we know how Millennial that sounds). While checking in on our fave Instagram dogs and asking Siri for Halloween costume suggestions is definitely on our weekend chill list, we’re also super excited to catch up on this week’s latest and greatest maker-backed products on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Here are some of our favorites to check out this weekend.
1. Polygons: As someone who has an entire drawer for measuring cups and spoons, this new space saving kitchen innovation literally made me gasp for joy. Simply fold the measuring spoon origami-style for up to four different measurements and reclaim your storage space for good.
2. QUE Bottle: Whether you’re running on a trail or to your next meeting, we could all use a little more space in our bags. This cool new water bottle is completely collapsible but not flimsy enough to leak or spill. And yes, it’s on our Christmas list.
3. Ding: As Cyber Monday approaches, we’re getting ready for our soon-to-be-purchased online orders to arrive in bundles at our door. But instead of getting a pesky note saying that we missed the delivery, this cool doorbell allows users to communicate with any guest straight from their smartphone. Because we needed another excuse to splurge on Amazon…
4. Findster Duo: While GPS pet tracking collars aren’t new, Findster Duo is the first puppy-approved accessory that doesn’t cost its owner outrageous monthly fees. Combining an activity tracker and a GPS locator, it’s definitely a must-buy for our best furry friends.
5. Design Your Dream Sandal: You may have heard about this awesome brand from their appearance on Shark Tank or their adorable collab with Sophia Bush. Now the company that was started by three #girlboss women in Uganda is creating a new line of completely customizable sandals for the fashionable and socially conscious woman.
6. Science With Sophie: Let’s be honest, we’re a sucker for anything that helps promote STEM opportunities to young women. This hilarious science comedy hosted by Sophie Science is aimed toward girls ages seven to 14 and encourages them to explore the world through science and innovation. Yep, we’re obsessed.
7. Maguss: Move over Harry Potter, this cool new AR game is taking our love of all things magical to the real world. Connecting your smartphone to the Maguss Wand, this free-to-play game allows you to duel other wizards, tame wild monsters and hunt for rare ingredients.
8. Chopvalue: Based out of Vancouver, the innovative team behind ChopValue is turning landfill-bound used chopsticks into gorgeous design-friendly pieces — from tiles to coasters to beautiful shelves.
9. SHOTBOX 2.0: Whether you’re trying to take the perfect pic for your Etsy store or just trying to elevate your Instagram game, this sweet shotbox lets you easily control everything from gorgeous backgrounds to Snapchat-filter-esque lighting.
10. The Cat Mod: The crazy cat lady in us is OBSESSED with this adorable kitty playground by the innovative folks at Catastrophic Creations. Its modular design allows you to create a customizable space for your cat to frolic at their leisure.
Which Kickstarter are you most excited about? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Findster Duo)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.