10 Reasons to Rock Suede This Fall
When it comes to fashion, fall is the season of texture. From velvet to leather to cable knits and more, luxe materials abound, ready to transform your wardrobe into a sea of sumptuous pieces. One fabric you should be on the lookout for this go-round? Suede (or faux suede, ahem). These days, the offerings go way beyond the standard outerwear fare, extending into everything from ruffled mini skirts to button-down shirts in neutrals as well as bold brights. Whatever your vibe, there’s an option for you. Need a reason — or several— to try the trend? Scroll on for 10 you won’t be able to resist.
1. Zara Suede Effect Jacket ($70): Do the shearling thing in an unexpected hue like marigold. Not only will you brighten up the cold weather months but you’ll turn heads while doing so.
2. Mango Ruffled Leather Skirt ($80): No fall wardrobe is complete without something red, and this frilly mini fills the void quite nicely. Wear it with everything from a button-down blouse to a graphic tee.
3. River Island Deep Red Suede Slouch Bag ($130): Convertible bag that works for every day? Check. Rich, autumnal shade? Double check.
4. Wilfred Free Vivienne Dress ($85): Silk and satin may be standard slip dress fabrics, but the ’90s staple feels totally fall ready in gray suede. Layer it over a knit or a tee and throw your favorite jacket over it all.
5. Banana Republic Suede Shirt Jacket ($298): A suede button-down goes from Western to wow when done in a bold cobalt. This one looks equally amazing buttoned up or open and layered.
6. ASOS Suede Biker Jacket ($143): Flip the script on the classic moto by working it in pretty pale pink. You’ll get a shot of street-style edge without losing the pretty factor.
8. Aldo Maroco ($200): If you’re not a tights girl, over-the-knee boots are actually the perfect alternative. Wear these navy beauties with everything from floral midi dresses to denim skirts.
9. Free People Retro Love Suede Dress ($168): This mustard must-have looks great on its own or layered over a turtleneck. Pro tip: Try it with burgundy for a surprisingly stylish color combo.
10. Abbeline Patchwork Suede Mini Skirt ($88): Channel your inner ’70s chick with this multicolor mini. You can rock it with everything from a denim jacket to a chunky knit — don’t forget the ankle boots!
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.