It may not exactly be sweater weather yet but fall is fast approaching, which means it’s time to get your wardrobe right. As per usual, when it comes to updating your look, the street style set has the answers — and this season knits of the slouchy variety are leading the fashion pack. And yes, this trend can be flattering: It’s all about picking the styling hack that works for you. So scroll on and see how some of fashion’s best-dressed insiders work it out.
1. Tucked and Rolled: Give the slouchy sweater a ladylike spin by front tucking it into an asymmetric pencil skirt. Finish off the look with a polished bag, feminine heels, and glam sunnies. Ooh la la, tres chic. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
2. Short and Sweet: Transitional dressing 101: Pair a knockout knit with cutoffs and ankle boots. You’ll get to show off those gams and keep cool at the same time. Winning. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
3. Sequin Season: This fall promises to be a sparkly one, so if you’re up for putting on the glitz, try your sporty sweater layered over a pair of metallic pants. It’s the perfect way to do shine for day without looking overdressed. (Photo via Merilyn Smith/WireImage)
4. Layered Luxe: Why save your party pieces for actual parties? Toss your slouchy pullover on top of a sexy dress or skirt for an instant casual-sultry mashup. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
5. Monotone Master: The quickest way to balance out a longer knit? Belt it over trousers of the same color. A single tone from head-to-toe looks pulled together and expensive — even when it’s not. (Photo via Merilyn Smith/Getty)
6. Sunny Daze: Strike the perfect end of summer/start of fall balance with a white denim mini and bright saffron sweater. Just a front tuck, rolled sleeves, easy extras, and you’re good to go. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
7. Party Pants: Color on color? Yes, please. Mix autumn’s MVP red with rich floral palazzos for long layers that are comfy and chic. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
8. Nice and Easy: If you’re up for the loose and layered challenge, try a deconstructed option with oversized sleeves over a slip skirt. Add heels for extra lift — and to keep the whole look fashion instead of frumpy. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
Want more style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!