Baby, it’s downright cold outside. With that in mind, this week’s edition of 10 Ways to Style is all about the cardigan, an essential winter staple. From tying it up around your waist to turning it into a sweet strapless top, you’re sure to find a new way to rock your cardi in this playful collection of looks.
Oh, and you can feel free to cue up Lovefool by… The Cardigans ;)
1. East Coast Prepster: This look comes straight from Nantucket on a crisp fall day. Keeps your shoulders warm and acts as an extra layer when you need it.
3. Be My Valentine: This one makes us wish Valentine’s Day was even closer! Tuck that cardigan into a belt for a layered look that still shows off your fab figure.
4. Strapless Sweetheart: That’s right. We turned our cardigan into a tube top with a look that reminds us of a sweetheart neckline. Put the cardigan on backwards and pull it down so that neck is around the top of your chest. Tie the sleeves around the front and you’re done.
5. Buttoned Up Mini: And now a skirt! This works really nicely with our cardigan because it has a v-neck that fits right around the waist. Tie the sleeves around your waist and tuck excess sleeve into your newly made waistband and you’re set.
6. Patriotic Party Dress: We think Michelle Obama would approve of this rather patriotic look. We simply tied our cardigan up over a dress to give it a playful look, while still keeping things formal enough for cocktail hour.
7. Hipster Librarian: Wait a minute, isn’t “hipster librarian” kind of an oxymoron at this point? The cardigans, the oxfords, the knit beanies? Love this look.
8. Stripes + Shrug: If you’re wearing a long summer dress, warm it up by turning a cardigan into a shrug. Simply unbutton the cardigan, pull the sides around to the back and pin up.
9. Skirt It Up: Another skirt! For this one we went more high-waisted and tucked everything in with a belt. Digging this bomber jacket.
10. Cozy Cowl: And finally, rock your cardigan as a cowl!
And if you’re lucky, you can get one of your charming coworkers to pose with you too!
Such a perfect look for Valentine’s Day!
How do you rock a cardigan in unusual ways? Got any other clothing hacks we should know about? Or any items you want to see styled 10 ways? Talk to us in the comments below.