They say that traveling is the only thing you can buy that will make you richer, and we couldn’t agree more. After four years of blood, sweat and tears while highlighting away at the books, pulling all-nighters and putting in hours at your part-time job, you need this. Get ready to bask in the glory of riches by diving into your next adventure at one of these 17 amazing destinations.
1. Santa Barbara, California: If you have been California dreaming lately, but don’t want the Hollywood buzz, then Santa Barbara is just for you. With plenty of beaches, like Goleta Beach and Leadbetter Beach and Park, you can relax and learn to longboard in the coolest city around. You can’t go wrong with cute shops like Crushcakes & Cafe and Lucky Penny.
2. Paris, France: Paris is always a good idea, amirite? With the euro almost equal to the American dollar, it won’t even feel like you’re spending too much out of pocket. Stay at the chic boutique hotel, Mama Shelter, and explore the Parisian sites with a student discount (because technically you still are one).
3. Norway: We all know this place very well, ever since Frozen came out. See what all the hype is about by visiting in late autumn to view the Northern Lights. Go skiing in Trollheimen and whale-watching in Andenes. We can’t make any guarantees that you’ll see a dancing snowman though.
4. Mount Rushmore, South Dakota: Not only is it cheap to fly there, but you can view the third largest cave in the world, the Jewel Cave. Thanks to the fossil-filled Badlands, you can partake in fossil hunting tours. Ron Swanson would be so excited.
5. Florence, Italy: Florence is a great alternative for an Italian experience over Rome, but make sure to book your museum tickets in advance. Don’t forget to visit the Duomo, and make sure to stop at Grom for amazing gelato. With hostels costing 12 euros a night, we recommend spending the rest of your money on more gelato.
6. Greece: With views like this, how can you say no? Visit the Acropolis and the Santorini architecture, or party the night away in Mykonos. If you are looking for a little more serenity on your trip, travel to Hydra, where there are little to no vehicles.
7. Grand Canyon, Arizona: Be one of the five million visitors who come to view this canyon every year. Everyone has this place on their bucket list, so why don’t you cross it off yours already? Try booking a helicopter tour or river rafting trip at Peach Springs. Whatever you do, just don’t forget to bring your camera.
8. India: Home to the Taj Mahal, India is the best place to be when you need inspiration in your life. Shop at the Delhi Haat for beautiful jewelry, and afterward, take a five-hour trip to Mumbai to get a modern take on Indian culture.
9. London: If you plan on being there for a week, make sure you get the London Pass to save you some money. Piccadilly Circle and Big Ben are must-sees on your trip, in addition to all the Harry Potter sites, of course.
10. Dublin, Ireland: If drinking is your thing, book a trip to Dublin asap. After you visit the Guinness Storehouse, visit one of the seven ancient universities, Trinity College. Don’t worry, we won’t force you to go back to school.
11. Charleston, South Carolina: This charming place continuously tops Condé Nast Traveler’s Best Small Cities in the US list. Stay at Zero George for some southern hospitality and enjoy the Charleston architecture by roaming around White Pointe Garden.
12. Cape Town, South Africa: We know when most people think of vacations in Africa, they imagine safaris. While that is certainly something you can do in Cape Town, it’s also home to plentiful vineyards. Take a road trip down the Garden Route and explore the reserves, cities, and bays.
13. Alaska: If you love seafood and great views, Alaska is for you. In Alaska, some bars stay open all night long, and you can even try a duck fart (don’t worry, it’s a drink!).
14. Austin, Texas: Get mouth-watering BBQ from Franklin Barbecue and listen to live music at Parish. If you bring your dog, visit Zilker Park. You can view Austin’s beautiful skyline and listen to live music too.
15. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Amsterdam is where you want to go for an amazing vacation that won’t break your budget. Explore the canals in the Jordaan District on rented bikes and check out Keukenhof for priceless photographs.
16. Cairo, Egypt: Experience a whole new world by traveling to Egypt. Go sandboarding with your friends and visit the Great Pyramids. If you’re traveling around October, try going to the Sun Festival, where you can see the temple at Abu Simbel light up — it only happens twice a year.
17. New Orleans, Louisiana: Pack your bags and get a group together to travel to the party city of the south. It’s an absolute must that you eat at Cafe du Monde and visit the French Quarter for some late-night partying.
Where are you planning on going after you graduate? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Photos via Getty)
Additional reporting by Sarah Koller.