No matter how much we love romancing our sweethearts, sometimes our busy schedules can make it hella difficult to plan the perfect Valentine’s Day date. But before we succumb to cheap gas station trinkets and day-old takeout, we thought we would give one last effort to wow our partners this V-Day. Here are 11 free apps that’ll make planning a last-minute Valentine’s Date easy breezy.
1. Open Table: Finding a last-minute reservation on Valentine’s Day can seem downright impossible… luckily, Open Table is here to make all your eleventh-hour romancing easier than ever. Not only can you discover, reserve and manage restaurant reservations on-the-go, but you also get last-minute access to the best dining options in town.
2. TodayTix: If your sweetheart loves going to the theater, you’ll want to download this free app pronto. With the best deals on theater tickets for day-of and week-of performances, it’s a no-brainer for a classic V-Day date that’s sure to impress bae.
3. SkillShare: Skip Netflix and chill for something a little more creative this year. SkillShare allows you to explore thousands of classes in fields like design and photography with self-paced lessons and real projects. The best part is, the premium version is free for the first 30 days!
4. HotelTonight: If your V-Day plans require you to book a last-minute hotel, this is definitely the app that’ll help you find your dream suite. Making it incredibly easy to find a great deal on an outstanding hotel, all it takes is three taps and one swipe and you’re booked.
5. BloomThat: Listen up, ladies and gents: You can never go wrong with a beautiful flower arrangement. Thankfully, this Pinterest-approved floral delivery service makes sending a last-minute bunch to your S.O. a breeze.
DL It: Free on iOS
6. Soothe: Instead of going out to a spa this Valentine’s Day, why not have a mobile massage service come straight to your door? Delivering vetted, certified and insured massage therapists in as little as one hour, it’s the perfect relaxing gift that bae will love.
7. Lyft: Even if you’ve already made amazing Valentine’s Day plans, getting around the city during one of the busiest nights of the year can be a nightmare. That’s why we’re totally down to ditch our ride and let someone else do the driving this year. Lyft is a friendly and affordable ride that’ll get you anywhere you want to go without the frustration of driving yourself.
8. Luxe: If you choose to drive your date on V-Day, this free-to-download app is a must. Luxe is an on-demand valet parking app that’ll make finding a good parking spot easier than playing Angry Birds. Just drive to your location and a certified valet will find the perfect parking spot for your car.
9. Fandango Movies: Discover new movies, get the latest showtimes and guarantee your movie tickets all without ever leaving iMessage, with this handy app. Plus if your Valentine’s Day plans change and you end up not being able to make your movie, you can return or exchange your tickets up until the posted showtime.
10. Amazon Prime Now: Whether you’ve just used up the last of the eggs or are running dangerously low on toilet paper, Amazon Prime Now gives you the option of skipping the frustratingly long shop lines and getting your daily essentials delivered in under two hours. Plus, they even deliver from your favorite restaurants too!
11. NYT Cooking: Cooking a meal for your S.O. *always* makes for a good romantic date. But instead of whipping up something tired and boring, download this cool app for more than 17,000 recipes with beautiful images and easy-to-follow instructions.
DL It: Free on iOS
Are you still looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day plans? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.