12 Specialty Dating Apps to Find Your OTP
We love Tinder as much as the next girl, especially with its new non-binary gender update, but sometimes we need a little break from swiping. Don’t get us wrong, we still love experimenting with the app (we even tried to use lines from Kimmy Schmidt to get dates), but we’re feeling a bit blah with the platform at the moment. That’s why we’re downloading these 12 hyper-specialized dating apps to help us find our online sweetie ASAP. Happy searching!
1. Poke Match: Find someone who shares your love of Squirtle with this timely dating app. Using the recently launched Pokemon Go, it allows you to find a friend (or date!) to go Pokemon hunting — plus, you can even filter the results by your team for the best chance at a love connection.
2. WooPlus: There are so many reasons to love this plus-size dating app that it’s hard to choose just a few. Using a model similar to Tinder, women and men of all sizes can post pics, scroll through matches and find their life-long sweetie — just make sure to be quick as you only get 48 hours to message them back before they disappear forever.
3. SWEATT: This is the ONLY dating app for fitness junkies. With questions you won’t find on any other dating site — for example, how frequently do you work out — this is the ideal app if you’re looking for a soul mate AND a running partner.
4. Her: Good news, ladies: Queer women no longer have to wade through the BS on straight dating apps. Specifically designed for lesbian, bisexual and queer women, this app is making history when it comes to finding love in all forms.
5. Align: If you’re looking for a match that’s written in the stars, there’s no better place to find it. We loved this app when it first came out, and their newest update is just making it better. With in-depth descriptions for each potential pairing (including a pro and con list) you’ll have plenty of contemplating to do before deciding if they are the one.
6. Dine: Foodies, rejoice! There’s now a dating app that lets you find someone with a similar taste in food. But that’s not even the best part… in order to solve the problem of getting trapped in a texting bubble, the app forces you to schedule a meal together. Hello date night!
7. Tastebuds: If you can’t imagine dating someone who listened to the Spice Girls (hold onto your turntables, it’s just an example), this is just the dating app you need. All you have to do is scan your iPhone music library or add your fave bands manually to see peeps nearby with common tastes in jams.
8. DragonFruit: No matter your fandom, there’s a place for you in this awesome geektastic dating site. With interest-based matches and geeky profile questions that you’ll actually WANT to answer, it’s a sure way to find your Player 2.
9. The League: This app has gotten a lot of hate in the past for its exclusive model, but if you’re looking for an impressive young professional just like yourself, it might just be the place to do it. Just make sure you’re in it for the matches and not the status.
10. WeePo: Party girls, get ready for the app that might just change your Friday night. Before going to a specific club or party, log onto the app and see who else is planning on going to the same venue that night. Then you can swipe, match and chat with other partygoers all night long… and maybe even see them IRL.
11. MissTravel: Just because you’re traveling the world doesn’t mean that your dating life should completely stop. With this handy app you can match on the go to find someone to share your adventures with. Just make sure to stay safe and always tell a friend or family member who you are with and where you are going before jet-setting to a new locale.
12. NEQTR: Instead of choosing a date over the small stuff, this dating app wants you to fall in love with someone through what really matters: Community service. Partnering with over 40 non-profits, grassroots organizations and conscious health groups, this app allows you to match with your S.O. based on your passion and values.
Which dating apps do you use? Tweet us @BritandCo!