13 Wedding Apps All Brides-to-Be Should Download ASAP
Whether you’re a natural organizer or die-hard procrastinator, planning your wedding can be mega stressful. From big decisions like choosing your wedding invitations to the tiny details like figuring out what to wear for your engagement photos, a Pinterest-approved wedding isn’t as simple as the gorgeous online pics make it out to be. Thankfully, there are tons of online resources to help you through every stage of the process. Here are 13 wedding apps that are so handy… they just might become your tech-of-honor.
1. Loverly Virtual Wedding Planner: For anyone freaking out about planning every detail of their wedding before they’ve even set a date, relax: This app is a great starting place. With tons of inspo (including a cool annotation function for crucial bride-to-be notes) and an awesome virtual planning feature, it’s a sure win. Check out our interview with the founders for expert tips on how use the app here.
2. Appy Couple: Combining photo sharing, RSVPs, detailed travel plans AND a registry, Appy Couple is an all-in-one app that is a new fiancé/e’s dream come true.
3. Zola Wedding Registry: As much as we’ve always dreamed about using a traditional barcode scanner for our wedding registry thanks to every ’90s rom com, the tech of the day has made the process sooo much simpler. Zola’s app even has a Tinder-like swiping feature for when you’re stuck on what to choose. Score!
4. Wedding Dress Look Book by The Knot: Figuring out what styles and designers you love before you hit the salon is super easy with this convenient lookbook app by The Knot. Plus, they provide an awesome list of retailers if you find THE dress on the site.
5. WedPics: Still unsure about this whole wedding hashtag trend? WedPics allows you to capture all the pics from your wedding guests without having to search through Instagram. All you need is a unique wedding ID and you’re good to go. Just be warned: There are a few one-time fees you’ll have to pay in order to get your pics without ads.
6. Our Wedding Planner: If you’re looking for a good all-around wedding planner for your Android device, this app is a great option. With tons of awesome features — you can manage your guest list, budget AND vendors — what it lacks in design appeal, it makes up for in cool applications.
DL It: Free on Android
7. Wedding Planner by Wedding Wire: This wedding app has all of the features we love about other planning tools, but what we absolutely love about it is its vendor list. With over 200,000 local wedding professionals listed AND over two million reviews written by actual couples, it is the go-to app to find the perfect professionals for your big day.
8. Like That Garden: If you’ve ever run into the problem of seeing an amazing flower IRL that you’d love in your bouquet, but you have no idea what it is, this app is perfect. Simply take a pic of the flower and the app will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about it. Win!
9. Joy: There are tons of different tools to create a wedding website, but what sets Joy apart is its simplicity and design. With easy online-friendly features that puts all of your wedding planning on the web, it’s definitely a great tool for any techy bride.
10. PunkPost: If writing out wedding thank-you notes sounds like reason enough not to tie the knot, don’t fret. PunkPost allows you to outsource your thank-yous to real life scriptists. Say goodbye to hand cramps, folks!
11. Pinterest: We couldn’t make a wedding app round-up without including this queen of social media. From searching through thousands of curated wedding boards to designing your own virtual wedding yourself, be prepared to spend a ton of time on this app on the days leading up to your wedding day.
12. Honeyfund Wedding Registry: Whether you’re looking for honeymoon funds, home down payments or just odds and ends for your new house, Honeyfund is a great way to make your wedding registry simple and painless for your guests.
13. Bride Story: Combining our favorite features from other solo apps (Pinterest-esque moodboards, Wedding Wire like vendors), this app is a great free alternative for the bride who doesn’t want to use up all of their data on wedding apps.
Are you using apps to plan your wedding? Share your faves with us on Twitter by mentioning @BritandCo.