14 IKEA Lighting Hacks to Brighten Up Your Wedding
For frugal couples, it can be a bit of a challenge to come up with ways to cut costs for your wedding. Luckily, IKEA hacks don’t stop short of your home. Now you can bring these money-saving tips and DIYs to your actual wedding with ingenious lighting hacks that’ll save you plenty of cash while lighting up your wedding decor game. From gorgeous dip-dyed lamps that run $5 a pop to chic chandeliers you can get for $40, it’s safe to say IKEA is where you’ll be doing most of your wedding shopping. Here are 14 IKEA wedding hacks that’ll have all you penny-pinching babes jumping for joy.
1. Ombre Candle Votives: Give a modern finish to these already gorgeous candle holders with an ombre effect. To achieve the look, simply spray paint the tip of the candle holders and let dry. (via The House That Lars Built)
2. Lantern With Ribbons: Create a scene straight out of a fairy tale by combining the round SOLVINDEN paper lanterns with playful ribbons and organic greenery. Throw in darling string lights for a more whimsical vibe. (via The Knot Shop)
3. Tea Light Holders: These BLOMSTER candle holders take traditionally low-displayed tea lights to new heights (literally). For a varied look, alternate between low votives and the candle holders for a unique means of table lighting. (via Katie Slater Photography / Apartment Therapy)
4. Dip-dyed Pendant Lamp Shade: Wow your party guests with dipped REGOLIT rice paper shades hanging from the ceiling. Beautiful year-round, these lovely lanterns will work with any wedding no matter the season. (via IKEA)
6. Classic Lanterns: Though these angular lanterns come in black and white, they’re easy to spray paint for a customized look that will light up the night. Use them to illuminate the way to the bar at outdoor receptions or as dreamy centerpieces nestled within floral garlands. (via Awake Photography / Ruffled)
7. Chandeliers: You can’t go wrong with a classic chandelier to fancy up your wedding decor. The KRISTALLER chandelier comes in silver but can be spray painted gold for a warmer and more glam aesthetic. (via Anna Kim Photography / Style Me Pretty)
8. Glitter Disco Ball: If you’re not one to avoid glitz and glamour, this glittery disco ball of a lantern is calling your name. To make, you’ll need spray glue and your choice of colored glitter. Hang separately or in clusters for a dazzling installation. (via Oh Happy Day)
9. Pendant Chandelier: This contemporary chandelier is best suited for the alternative bride. The MASKROS pendant lamp was spray painted a sparkly silver for a more refined finish. Pro tip: Use a clear light bulb for the chandelier’s open design to cast effects on the wall and ceiling. (via Anchor and Veil Photography / Style Me Pretty)
10. Cloud Wedding Backdrop: Bring the *magical* wedding you’ve always dreamed of to life with these gorgeous cloud-covered lanterns. Using polyester stuffing and hot glue, cover LED lanterns and hang using fishing wire for a surreal and striking display. (via A Practical Wedding)
11. 3D Paper Lamp: Cut out paper flowers and butterflies, decorate with pearls and glue onto a paper lantern for a truly ethereal complement to your wedding decor. Embellish cords with crystals for an added sparkle. (via Adorable Home)
12. Pendant Chandelier: For a romantic take on wedding lighting, opt for this pendant chandelier made of metal candle holders and a triple pendant cord set. Leave white for a fresh and clean look or spray with spray paint for a pop of color. (via Kitchen Trials)
13. Gold + White Striped Candles: Upgrade your dining table with these chic candles made of IKEA chandelier candles and Martha Stewart self-adhesive gold tape. The tape pack also includes doily lace paper tapes you can use for a more embellished look. (via Kristi Murphy)
14. Globe Lamps: Because these paper lanterns provide a softer glow, combine with additional means of lighting if your venue won’t have access to much natural light. Alternate between small and large lanterns for a dynamic look. (via Julia Wade Photography / Le Magnifique)
Are you loving these hacks? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo and hacks.