14 Gorgeous Pastel Wedding Decor Ideas to Get You Excited for Spring
Spring is upon us, and with wedding season about to kick off, it’s all about the blooming flowers, green grass, and a million shades of pastels. And while there’s no *wrong* way to incorporate your favorite season into your wedding, you have to admit that pastel hues give off a vibe that practically screams *spring.* Scroll on to find ways to play up mints, lavenders, and more for your wedding.
1. Flower Crown: Your flower crown is the perfect way for you to show your love for pastels — opt for the soft colors of spring rather than more bold hues often seen in a fall palette. This trend is a fabulous display of your personal style and, hey, the more flowers the better. (via Julie Paisley / Style Me Pretty)
2. Cakeball Cake: Your cake doesn’t have to just be a quiet detail that fades into the background. Make it a statement piece with pastel flowers. (via Cake Apothecary)
3. Ribbons: There’s something about pastels that are already a bit whimsical, so when you bring in flowing ribbons that move with the wind, the effect is all sorts of ethereal and swoon-worthy. (via Daring Juliet / Style Me Pretty)
4. Tie the Knot: The tie can sometimes be a missed opportunity for your wedding color palette. Get crazy with it! Don’t limit your options to just pastel — checkered or patterned prints can also come into play if your wedding is more casual or takes place in the early afternoon. (via Kate Connolly Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. Table Decor: Since your linens help to determine the color scheme of your reception, consider pastel colors. Keep them soft and neutral and incorporate a punch of color with napkins and floral centerpieces. (via Esther Sun Photography / Style Me Pretty)
8.Pastel All-Around: Now this is what we call being consistent with your theme. The way the white candles and seat cushions play off each other highlights the pastel tones in the linens and flowers. But it’s the softness created by all the pink that gives us serious feels. (via Hunter Ryan Photography / Wedding Chicks)
9. Flowers: Although you should most definitely include pastels in your flower game, it’s important to mix in a variety of textures like the greenery used here. (via Esther Sun Photography / Elizabeth Anne Designs)
10. Centerpieces: Pale pink wild flowers with a pop of color give this centerpiece an uber rustic vibe in the best way. Since this centerpiece has so much going on, neutral table linens are key. (via Hannah McClune Photography / Rock My Wedding)
11. Invitations: Your invites pretty much set the tone of your theme for your guests, since they’re the first piece of your wedding that friends and family see. If you plan on going all out with pastels for your spring nuptials, start with a watercolor design that’s both soft and refreshing for spring. (via Just My Type Stationery)
12. Bridesmaid Dresses: Having everyone wear different styles and colors in your wedding party is very on trend right now, but pastel tones are what give this look a little uniformity, so not one sticks out. Add a bouquet, and your squad is ready to walk down the aisle. (via J. Layne Photography / Southern Weddings)
13. Wedding Shoes: Though not everyone may see your shoes, if they flawlessly blend with your pastel theme, your photographer will jump at the chance to photograph them. (via Alisandra Photography / Grey Likes Weddings)
14. Bridal Bouquet: Ah, your bridal bouquet. We would for sure say it has a starring role on your wedding day, so if any detail should flaunt some pastels — it’s this one. (via Mango Red / Bride and Breakfast)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)