Sometimes life just gets turnt. Take all of 2016 for example. The bad vibes have even spilled into 2017 (with women’s issues on our minds and the loss of MTM) so we must push on, stay positive and keep our sh*t together. And we know of one bona fide way to both metaphorically and literally lift the weight off our shoulders: a new haircut. Whether you’re going for a subtle change or you want a full-on makeover, these 14 short hair looks will help set the new year straight (or wavy) starting with your locks.
1. Texture + Bangs FTW: From the vibrant violet color to the tousled layers to those luscious bangs! This look is major #hairgoals.
2. Ride the Wave: This cut is the perf length for naturally curly, fine hair. The middle part keeps it balanced while the layers makes the whole package pop. LOVE.
3. Punkish Perfection: Kick that ‘do up a notch with this cut — the perfect choice for straight hair in need of volume and texture. We love the variation of green and purple highlights and the super short bangs.
4. Voluminous Vixen: Tame and tease your luscious curls with this short haircut.
5. Sleek + Layered: Not ready for the full lob? Try a llob (or long lob). Add some balayage to achieve this beautiful golden-brown ombre effect.
6. Sultry Side Sweep: Get your side bang on with this red-hot cut. Add a few loose curls for good measure or get creative with some bobby pin-spiration.
7. Keepin’ It Tight: This au naturel pixie cut is great for the low maintenance gal looking to lose some length. Say goodbye to hair ties and hello to short and sweet.
8. Platinum Pixie: A deep side part is the best way to bring out a tight pixie cut. Whether platinum blond, jet black or mermaid multi-colored, we think this cut would look good on almost anyone.
9. Tight Cropped Twists: If you were blessed with lots of tight curls then this is the short-hair-don’t-care look for you. Make sure to take it in tight on the sides and leave the top longer (and higher) for a classic ’80s throwback look.
10. Flapper Chic: No need to wait for a costume party to get all dolled up! This blond, ever-so-slight bob will help you merge a classic look with a touch of 2017 for a truly original style.
11. Shaved Sides: Get edgy with this tight and teal teased ‘do. Razor in tight on the sides and keep the top longer — then go dye-crazy!
12. Platinum Side Sweep: No matter the season, this silvery-white pixie featuring long layers will carry you through the year in style.
13. Easy Rider: This low-maintenance haircut is the ideal choice for the girl who prefers air drying to blow drying.
14. Bubblegum Alley: Put some sweet new year spice in your step and go for the rose gold! Channel a young Pink and go all out by pairing with dark nails, vibrant lips and black liner. Boom.
What funky-fresh hairstyle will you choose for 2017? Follow us on Pinterest for more style and beauty inspo!